Looking for Mt. Rushmore

Stratocruiser

Mt Rushmore screenshot taken at N 43 52.63, W 103 27.49. 

Approximately on the RAP (112.3) 240 radial at 20 DME.

P3D v3.1, FTX Central was set to North America, though it shouldn't matter since it's outside the NA terrain regions.

MtRushmore.jpg

2 hours ago, h3pilot said:

P3D v3.1, FTX Central was set to North America, though it shouldn't matter since it's outside the NA terrain regions.

Quick question. Is this something new? I have been using Global FTX since January and haven't seen a place to set my region. I wasn't aware you were supposed to. Or is this for something other then just 'Global'?

Thanks!

gord,

have you downloaded and installed the ORBX most recent Libraries?  Link: https://fullterrain.com/support

You should of course unzip and run the installer.  After that you should have an ICON for FTX Central on your desktop.

If you have any ORBX airports or regions they will be listed and you will be able to switch regions.  However the topic subject, Mt. Rushmore is not within any ORBX software.  It is a default FSX feature.

If you only have FTX Global Base installed the particular software is a complete replacement for the textures in FSX and is meant to be utilized with other ORBX software like FTX VECTOR, Regions, Airports etc.

Global Base by itself will give the user better looking default texture for FSX but that is about all.

Hi Spud!

I think I am right up to date. I just saw a few people mention having regions activated for FTX Global (like above h3pilot said he had North American activated). I only have FTX Global and a few airports. Maybe he meant the Open LC? Main question is if I just have FTX Global, there is no 'regions' to activate, just Global itself (along with any extra airports of course)?

Thanks!

Hi gord,

Actually Global is very much like a "Region" and is one selection from FTX Central.  (It will be the only selection if you have no 'regions').  The FTX Freeware airports will be listed under "Global" but you can not "select" the airport per se.  Any software that is connected to Global such as LC will also be listed under Global.  Clicking it will open the manual for that software.

1 hour ago, gord96 said:

Quick question. Is this something new? I have been using Global FTX since January and haven't seen a place to set my region. I wasn't aware you were supposed to. Or is this for something other then just 'Global'?

Thanks!

Gord96,

On the left side of FTX Central, under GROUPS, the areas applicable to the terrain regions that you have installed will be listed.

FTX Global, Europe, North America, Oceania 

(If you don't own FTX Global, I believe it says "Default" and if you don't own any Orbx terrain regions in an area, say Europe, you won't see Europe listed.)

If you only own Global, you won't see Europe, North America, or Oceania and there is no need to switch anything.

You click on the area you intend to fly in and then click the blue "APPLY GROUP" tab on the upper right.

Many people will select FTX Global and check the "Enable hybrid mode" box.  This allows you to fly between FTX Global areas and multiple terrain regions without having to switch the group in Central.  This works well but is a bit of a compromise.  You get most of a terrain region's scenery, but are missing some unique regional elements, perhaps a unique tree texture, or autogen building style.  If you intend to fly entirely within a Group area, I recommend selecting and applying that area in FTX Central.

Switching areas will soon be a thing of the past though!  JV talks about it in this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/110405-openlc-na-and-unified-global-regions/

Archived