KTEX Issue

GrayRider

I installed KTEX last night.

I installed it with my FTX central already set to NA. The install went fine, including the required settings necessary in the KTEX control panel. I than re-installed the latest ORBX Library, and followed the required steps stated and necessary in the manual.

I fired up my FSX to have a look. So far I have two issues, I'd like to ask about, and how to fix it.

1). I put my plane on runway 9, as seen in the screenshot on the product release page. For me. I'm having a blurry issue with the mountain side, out past runway 9. is there any way I can clear up the blurry issue I see?. I'm adding three screenshots from runway 9, and moving closer to the other end of the runway. The blurry issue doesn't go away. My FSX sliders are set where they should be etc.

2). I'm seeing a paint issue with one of the AI planes(see added screenshot). I watched this one land. Before it landed. The plane was white. After landing. The plane turns black, and stays black all the way to it's parking spot. Is there a fix for this?. I'm not sure what else causes this issue. This one in particular really stands out. I'm not sure which ORBX Biz jet this is. I haven't had any ORBX AI paint issues, in a long time, until this one showed up etc.

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103b4f1b.jpg

GrayRider

G'day Grayrider, 

Touching on your points in order;

1. Everything looks basically as it should be from your screenshots. Note that your zoom level will have a big impact on the perception of this terrain - I note that most of your screenshots are taken at 0.7 zoom and higher, try bumping this out to 0.3-0.4. If you would like to increase the sharpness of the mountains in the far distance, two settings will make an impact. Firstly, tweak your anti-aliasing and mip-map settings on your GPU control panel - these will sharpen/refine how lower-down mip-maps (ie textures viewed from a long distance) will render. Secondly, you can bump up your terrain LOD settings in your FSX.cfg if you wish. Depending on how Telluride performs on your system, you could probably bump up the LOD one or two notches (LOD=5.5 or LOD=6.5) without much fps impact. Bumping them up higher again will obviously increase the sharpness further, but as discussed in detail in one of the preview topics, the performance/visual improvement pay-off won't be too noticeable. So in short, zoom level and anti-aliasing/mip-map settings will give you the best result. 

2. I'm presuming that the Learjet is one of our FTX-AI pack aircraft (as we definitely have a couple of Lears visiting the airport with our flightplans). First up, just make sure that your NA FTX-AI is patched and up-to-date, if this doesn't solve the issue for you, see if you can catch the rego/callsign of the aircraft and we can investigate further. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hey GrayRider,

I hope everything works out, but just in case things aren't fixed.....I noticed you started by saying you already had FTX Central set to NA. While I'm pretty sure that's fine for the installation, KTEX is an FTX Global airport, so you probably want Central set to Global when you fly there. Just in case you had it set to NA for flying.

Mr. Marshall is, of course, the authority on KTEX......I just noticed what you had said, and wanted to bring it up, just in case. Happy Flying.

GrayRider.... I don't know your system specs, but.......do you realize just how far away is that mountain in the screenshot? It appears to be close, but that's somewhat of an illusion. I don't recall the actual distance, but I slewed to it from the runway, and on my system it doesn't resolve to a higher resolution texture until I get much much closer, about even with the "village" (?) that's between your vantage point and the actual cliff face. (Not sure if that's just my system. It's good but not a beast, so I have to make some compromises with graphics quality.)

18 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Grayrider, 

Touching on your points in order;

1. Everything looks basically as it should be from your screenshots. Note that your zoom level will have a big impact on the perception of this terrain - I note that most of your screenshots are taken at 0.7 zoom and higher, try bumping this out to 0.3-0.4. If you would like to increase the sharpness of the mountains in the far distance, two settings will make an impact. Firstly, tweak your anti-aliasing and mip-map settings on your GPU control panel - these will sharpen/refine how lower-down mip-maps (ie textures viewed from a long distance) will render. Secondly, you can bump up your terrain LOD settings in your FSX.cfg if you wish. Depending on how Telluride performs on your system, you could probably bump up the LOD one or two notches (LOD=5.5 or LOD=6.5) without much fps impact. Bumping them up higher again will obviously increase the sharpness further, but as discussed in detail in one of the preview topics, the performance/visual improvement pay-off won't be too noticeable. So in short, zoom level and anti-aliasing/mip-map settings will give you the best result. 

2. I'm presuming that the Learjet is one of our FTX-AI pack aircraft (as we definitely have a couple of Lears visiting the airport with our flightplans). First up, just make sure that your NA FTX-AI is patched and up-to-date, if this doesn't solve the issue for you, see if you can catch the rego/callsign of the aircraft and we can investigate further. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad.

Thanks for your inputs.

As far as zooming out to 0.3-0.4. With my plane in view. I don't think I was able to bump my zoom out to 0.3-0.4 from what you see in my screenshot. Is there anywhere else I can go in my FSX folders or other places, to modify my zoom levels, from what you referenced so far?.

You mention about me tweaking my anti-allasing and mip-map settings in my Nvidia GPU control panel. I've never fooled with any of the settings in my GPU. When I get into my GPU control panel. What should I be tweaking my anti-allasing and mip-map settings to when I find them?. Could the change you mention be done using my FSX Nvidia Inspector panel etc?.

I've always kept my frame rate setting locked at 30. When I installed KTEX and fired up my FSX. My FSX was able to handle the load, even after the KTEX control panel changes I made. I'm pretty sure my FSX can handle the LOD=5.5 or LOD=6.5.

That one blurry spot on the side of the mountain straight ahead,seen in my screenshot is an eye sore. I've seen some other members screenshots, that the blurry spot is in the same spot as seen in my screenshots..

The current version of my NA FTX-AI Traffic file is V1.20 dated March 2014. Mine is up to date from what I can see in the downloads area of ORBX. When I get back in my sim. I'll see if I can catch the blacked out Biz jet and get it's rego/callsign. I installed KTEX yesterday. It was about mid afternoon when I fired up my sim. So I should be able to find the biz jet that is blacked out.

When I did have a look at KTEX for the first time. I did have my central set to NA. I'll set my central back to Global, and have a look as well etc.

GrayRider

48 minutes ago, TheSidewinder said:

GrayRider.... I don't know your system specs, but.......do you realize just how far away is that mountain in the screenshot? It appears to be close, but that's somewhat of an illusion. I don't recall the actual distance, but I slewed to it from the runway, and on my system it doesn't resolve to a higher resolution texture until I get much much closer, about even with the "village" (?) that's between your vantage point and the actual cliff face. (Not sure if that's just my system. It's good but not a beast, so I have to make some compromises with graphics quality.)

Sidewinder.

You should be able to click on my Reveal hidden contents, just under my FTX Customer Banner and see my current machine specs. My system is older, but it still does pretty well etc.

GrayRider 

Archived