24000 +

lthendrix

Hi Gang ,I Know fsx has 24000 and more airports ,....but has anyone ever counted the # of airports with the "special" treatment in the orbx "fat" regions, I currently am only missing Ireland.

but I am sure there are many there worthty of a flight to and from .... Any one care to opine on the above.

CHEERS

Hi lthendrix,

A quick count of the airports in all the "regions" comes up to about 3000.  Then add the 400+ of the freeware airports we're (ORBX) coming up on 3500 airports and I haven't counted GEN's airports in this group (over 400), plus the payware airports that are not in regions, etc.

it's a bunch.......

Cheers, Neil

Neil, I must be having a senior moment.  What is a GEN airport?  Is this another name for OZx/Ant?  If not, I think you can add those to your list since they were made primarily for Orbx.

Thanks Nick,

I forget that the TLA (Three Letter Acronym) of upcoming regions may not be generally known. 

@Geezer, I'll give you a heads up, GES (Germany South) will (should?) be the next European region and for the U.S. NEM (New England Maritimes) and SRM (Southern Rocky Mountains) have at least been mapped out. Final choices are up to JV of course.

Cheers, Neil

Gosh, i sure would like KFFA to surface sometime soon! After all, its here where it all started. Remember Wilbur and Orville?? And not just the airport which is not much to see, other than the history. But the great North State of North Carolina, from the ocean to the mountains!!

Keeping fingers crossed!!

Gosh Neil, you have made my day!! As soon as my son can get down here and clean my drive and reload everything, will be sure to do that!! Gotta wait 2 more weeks while everything is in the maintenance hangar; no flying. And I am getting earthbound, not good!!

Archived