Product Version numbers for when they became P3D V3 aware

I know of the support page that lists the region/airfields etc that are V3 ready but there is no obvious version number, that I can see, at which they became compatible. To save myself the pain of downloading everything I keep copies locally but without knowing the version numbers I don't know if the copy I have is new enough. Am I going to have to waste everyone's bandwidth to download everything again?

Any tips gratefully received :)

Hello,

Eventually, all the installers will be P3D V3 ready and hopefully it will be a long time before

there is a need for yet another installer for P3D.

Therefore, this is a temporary situation with an end in sight, the speed that Ed is wading through them.

My suggestion is to check those you have downloaded already and that are listed on the P3D v3 page.

Save those that are P3D v3 ready in a folder that you might name "P3D v3 installers"
Then discard those that are not ready.

Download those you don't have but you know to be P3D v3 ready and add them to this folder.

By definition, all these installers will also install to the other two P3D versions and both versions of FSX.

Thanks for the replies, is there even a list of all the latest version numbers or does one have to visit the FSS download to see what each is? This costs me a download even if I don't download it I've discovered.

Yes but it doesn't list version numbers, that's the point I'm trying to get across. It seems I need to download everyone again as I don't know if my saved version is new enough. The only way, I currently know of, to find the latest version number is to attempt a download from the Flight Sim Store where the version is in the file name. I was a late adopter of P3D v3 and thus have some previously downloaded which might be V3 or just V2 aware, who knows. I was trying to save everyone some bandwidth, and me some time, by not just starting from scratch again.

No, it doesn't.

The majority of the new installers have the same version number as the old ones, so

the version number is of no use at all.

The decision was made long ago not to change the version numbers when the only

update was the new installer.

The reason was that when the first, FTX Global was released, very many people who

did not need it downloaded it anyway because it was version 1.40, up from 1.30.

Unfortunately, you will need to check what you've got already by running the installers.

You don't have to install, if the background to the installer is grey it is not for P3D v3.

If it is black and blue, it is.

Then put them in a folder named "Ready for P3D v3" or so.

Then you will need only to download the ones that you don't yet have.

Archived