Flysimware Learjet

John York

Got a weird one here.  Everything works perfectly..... EXCEPT......the damn thing won't respond to the twist action on my Saitek X-55 joystick with the result I can't taxi to the runway!

The only time I've flown it is straight off the runway and then I have to cancel the flight as soon as it's wheels are down on landing.

I know I could cheat and take off and land using a different aircraft but where's the sense in that?

John

Thanks Nick.  I've had a look at the item in there but frankly, it might as well have been written in Chinese for me! 

They don't offer an 'in-plane' solution though.  They say you need FSUIC to do something or other.    In any case, it's a bit much if you have to use FSUIPC to cure a fault with a purchased product.  There's no way the steering should be locked when everything else works well.

I've written to them.  There's got to be a way to unlock it.  At least they've acknowledged receipt and have promised to get back to me.

I'll report back.

John

"press the small white steering lock button on the center pedestal to engage it permanently (it switches off automatically when going faster than 30 knot's) or the orange button left side of the yoke to engage it temporarily" - got that from Avsim forum.

Got it thanks Olderndirt.  Bloody difficult to find.  Had to use the '+' several times to see it.

Couldn't find the 'tailhook' Nick and Flysimware were no help referring me to shift+2 which doesn't refer to the steer lock at all!

Anyway, hopefully I can get it straight enough on the runway before it clicks on again at 30kts.

Thanks again.  Will try it out again this afternoon.

John

Archived