KMCO is 2 miles east out of place

I have Global and Vector, I flew over to Orlando Intl on approach to runway 35 Right there is a line of High Tension Power Lines running down left side of runway and crossing center line  at the North end.

After researching my real flight charts, I found that airport is around 2 miles further east that it should be.  I have checked all forums and no fixes thus far.  Need a Patch to correct. And yes, I used ADE to fix but failed to correct as its FTX Global default scenery.

Any suggestions or patch avail.

Electric towers at 35R KMCO.jpg

End of Runway 35R last twr on center runway.jpg

Hello Harry and welcome to the forums.

I suspect that this is actually a Vector problem, it will have put the power lines in the right place

but as you say, the default airport is in the wrong place.

If you are adept with ADE and have the registered version, stock airports can fairly easily be moved.

In the meantime, there is also a live topic for these misplaced airports so I'll add a link to you topic there.

I'll move this to the Vector forum.

Hi guys,

Actually KMCO is quite accurately placed, see screenshot of KMCO against PR of the Orlando area, ie: I wouldn't move the whole airport.  The power lines should be moved to the east a bit  and I spotted a few buildings over roads on the north side and of course roads cross taxiways as there are no underpasses.  But it looks like a few tweaks should do it. 

@ Harry, a quick fix for you is to use ADE to add an "Exclude General"," Ultilities" poly over rwy 17/35.  I tried it, works perfectly.

@ Richard, leave me a message if you'd like me to send you the .ad4 file.

Cheers, Neil

KMCO against PR.jpg

The power lines have been buried when the new runway was built (runway 35). Check out google maps on the north of runway and you will see this power line then it goes underground and connects again to the south. I reported this before but no response

Archived