KACK missing ILS 06 (Nantucket)

Hi Folks,

First off I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to whomever has taken on the monumental task of updating all these airports... It's a superb effort and much appreciated... I can't fly  into default anymore - all my flights are to these improved airports ( the ones I don't have payware for )...

FYI: I don't know how in depth your updates go - but - just a heads up - the ILS on 06 is missing in P3D... I don't know if you can fix it but it would be appreciated as it is a common stop for me... Big fan of Wings...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm the one that did KACK although there are other that contribute to the freeware Packs.  I checked KACK and it does include an ILS for rwy06, freq is 109.1Mhz.  I see no reason that it would be missing in P3D when it's there in FSX (I flew it into KACK to verify it).  You might try again and let me know.

I'm glad you enjoy these upgraded airports, it's the reason I do them, next Pack due in June.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks so so much for the prompt response - hmm - I'll have to double check... I tried flying in their twice - I then swung around on 24 which also has an ILS and it worked fine... I thought I opened the airport in ADE to check - I certainly could have opened the wrong one or confused something... I'll take another look and let you know... My apologies if it's a false alarm...

Again - thank you for all your hard work... 

Regards,

Scott

Hi Neil,

Sorry - took a little time as I did a complete wipe and updated from P3Dv3.1 to P3Dv3.2... Loaded the freeware pack and checked Nantucket... Same deal - here is a screenshot - while I know it's small - 24 has the ILS feather - 06 is missing ? I tried flying it again and I couldn't capture the localizer or glide slope either - do you think it's something mangled on my end ?

KACK_zpsswek2pgj.jpg

Regard,

Scott

Hi Again,

I think I've got the 06 ILS added to KACK, please try these files out and verify, this is an addition I've not tried before.  These files go into your ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder and replace the two files of the same name.  Please let me know if they work and I'll add them into the next Freeware Pack as a fix.

Cheers, Neil

KACK with 06 ILS.zip

Hi Neil,

Wow - thanks so much - will do - I'll give it a shot tonight... Really no rush on any of this - you guys do some seriously fine work... Thanks for sharing... Just to have these upgraded free airports is justification enough for my fairly recent jump from FS9 to P3D... 

Regards,

Scott

Hi Dave,

Try my new files, you should see an ILS "feather" on both ends of the airport.  Oddly the charts for KACK show 109.1 as the freq for both ILS's.  Of course I'm looking at the .ad4, maybe it won't show up if you open from the .bgl.  Nope,  I tried it and even when opened from the .bgl both ILS's show up.

Cheers, Neil

Opposite deflection on the CDI is because the approach is actually a 'back course ILS'.  Only 1 ILS approach but it radiates a localizer in both directions however the the CDI senses R/W 06 with reverse sensing an instead of flying "to the needle" you "fly the needle to the aircraft"

HI Spud,

Yep - understand - however - KACK doesn't use a Back Course Hold for 06 - correct ? I believe they are getting rare today and those with a glide slope - even rarer...

Hi Neil,

Sorry - forum was down last night when I came back to grab your file - I'm traveling this week and won't get to test until next weekend - I will follow up with you here when I get a chance to test it... Again - much appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 2016-04-10 at 10:49 AM, Neil Hill said:

Hi Dave,

Try my new files, you should see an ILS "feather" on both ends of the airport.  Oddly the charts for KACK show 109.1 as the freq for both ILS's.  Of course I'm looking at the .ad4, maybe it won't show up if you open from the .bgl.  Nope,  I tried it and even when opened from the .bgl both ILS's show up.

Cheers, Neil

It's not unusual to have the same freq on both ends of the runway. In real life the tower turns the correct ILS on or off depending on landing direction. FSX sorts this out itself and will use the ILS for the direction you are approaching from.

Larry

Hi guys,

Wow, FSX indeed recognized the new ILS, even to the point of switching the ident from IACK (RWY 24) to IRNE when approaching towards RWY6, I'm very impressed. Thanks Larry, or your information, it was something I was wondering about.

Cheers, Neil

Archived