Error Code EX 2

mikee

Hello , I am Trying to post some shots and I am getting the following error message ! Any Idea What is going On ?

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX2

I have been experiencing this for the last several days as well. Last night, I discovered that if I eliminated the "emoji" from the text, the error was no longer there and the screenshot  posted properly.

Best regards

Renault 

Hi mikee

Sorry, my post wasn't clear. Apologies

An " Google -- a small digital image or icon used to express an idea, emotion, etc., in electronic communication. " e.g. "happy face". I shouldn't have presumed that you would have put extra characters in the text that went with your screenshot. 

What I should have said is that I experienced the same issue as you over the last few days. In my text I with the screenshot, I had included an "emoji" and when I deleted it, the screenshot posted normally

Best regards

Renault

4 minutes ago, renault said:

Thanks Nick

Renault

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

A (forum) emoticon, this kind of thing.

th?id=OIP.Mf608f24fe2fa82b9ecd5ffbebcb2f

If you add one of them to your post, it will not post.

It is a fault and it has been reported.

That's it  ! Everything is Perfect Now . Thank you Very much for your Help , I appreciated it !  No More Happy Faces ... At least for a while !

I have the same problem with screenshots added, but they are needed to describe my problem.

No emoticon, only screenshots give the same error EX 2

How can I get help, when screenshots do not work?

Fritz

13 hours ago, Quickmarch said:

I am trying to post tonight - same problem - same error code. Two attachments, both JPG files, total size of the attachments = approx 180Kb + a small amount of text. No emoji. Preview appears to be fine.

The "oldfashioned way" worked for me, as it is described 2012 here:

No idea, why the new way does not work as intended

Thank you for the reply. I think get it. Sounded too good to be true; simply point to a file and upload it. Silly of me.

Begs the question: why is the link there if it doesn't work? Right now there's a line (with a paper clip beside it, at the bottom of my screen that says: "Drag files here to attach, or choose files"). Now I'm assuming, that I need to got to something like SmugMug, where I might have previously uploaded a file, pic, etc, copy the URL and post it to the link or drag it and drop it on the link.

On the other side there's a box that says "Insert other media" - any idea what that does (or doesn't do)? Insert an existing attachment? Why do that if it already exists? 

Sorry to be such a luddite.

I'll give the SmugMug route a go and see what happens. 

If you attempt to upload the image as an attachment, you will soon reach the forum limit of 8mb,

then you will not be able to upload anything else.

The correct way is to upload your screen shot to an image hosting site, such as SmugMug or this one.

You will then be able to copy the URL (internet location) of that image.

Return to your post and use the Insert other media\ Insert image from URL tab to add that URL

to the topic.

This forum will also accept you pasting the URL straight into the topic and automatically embeds

the image.

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

The correct way is to upload your screen shot to an image hosting site, such as SmugMug or this one.

You will then be able to copy the URL (internet location) of that image.

Return to your post and use the Insert other media\ Insert image from URL tab to add that URL

to the topic.

This forum will also accept you pasting the URL straight into the topic and automatically embeds

the image.

Thank you for the information. That is how I'll do it from now on.

Cheers,

March

Archived