FTX installation sets up new Steam library.

Dear all 

I have my FSX SE on a separate SSD from my main OS drive which contains my P3D with a full range of ORBX installations. Steam goes on to install iFSX within the context of a new Steam Libraries' folder on be separate drive. Then I install my ORBX sceneries on top of FSX. Everything has worked normally before now with FTX spotting where the folder and installing accordingly. For various reasons, though, I have had to reinstall FSX SE, and I went on to try and install my ORBX files in the usual way. However, this time what seems to happen is that when I start with installing Global, say, the attempt at installation sets up another steam libraries file with a new steamapps/common and finally FSX file and puts the ORBX files in the 'ghost' one. What is more FTX Central does not recognise there being a separate FSX installation. I've tried deleting it all and starting again, directing the installation toward the Steam libraries folder etc, but it happens again in the same way. I have kind of got around the misdirected installation of Global and Vector so far by manually transferring files from the 'ghost' Steam Library, to the real one. But this is a real pain and although it all seems to come up ok when FSX is run, it is still is not recognised by FTX central. Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Neil

When FSX Steam is the only version of FSX on a PC, it must be treated as if it was FSX Disk Edition.

Also, one cannot successfully simply move an installation, as the registry entries associated with the

original remain unchanged. This is why the installer is still installing to the original location.

Please go to this page, download the FSX Registry Utility and use it to set the FSX registry entries to point to

where it is now installed.

Once done, install the latest libraries to FSX, not FSX Steam Edition, if the option is offered.

Then when you run FTX Central, it should offer you an opening menu with the choice of FSX or P3D.

If it also offers you FSX Steam Edition, do not select this option.

Archived