FTX CENTRAL Update Method to Reinstall Library?

wingclip

High folks,

One of the greatest upgrades in FTX, (and there were many), was that FTX Central auto-updater search. However, on several occasions, I found that shortly after updating my Library version via the FTXC, I had another update to run on a FTX add-on, (in this most recent example it was NA Airports freeware).

I updated it per instructions and then realized I would need to run the Library update again because, as we all know,  it should always be the last thing to run.

The only way I can re-run the Library now is to download the update from the FTX support page. It would be great if we could re-run the Library update anytime as needed, from the FTXC.

Do you think that may be possible in some future update?

Thanks,

Rich  

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the kind words!

Now that the Orbx Libraries updates are handled via FTX Central v2, you don't need to run them after every new installation. All you need to do is update the libraries if FTX Central v2 informs you they're out of date.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Thanks Ben! I didn't know that! 
So if I understand you correctly, (sorry if I didn't), then in a scenario where I happened to install a library update via FTXC one day, and then two days later, realized I've overlooked an earlier update for an airport released several days before I ran the Library update, I no longer need to run that library update again after I running that airport update?!

If I got it right, then that's great! That's just another "plus" to the FTXC operation! Of course, I always run Vector's rescan after I run any updates,  (library or otherwise), just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, if I got it right, then thanks again, and consider the topic resolved.
Rich

PS I clicked on the green arrow, (pointing up) in your reply to assign a "kudos point" and then it turned red and pointed down... I'm not sure if that's good or bad but if it isn't "good" please say so and I'll undo it immediately. (Nothing pops up to say what it is when I pass over it with a cursor).

4 hours ago, wingclip said:

So if I understand you correctly, (sorry if I didn't), then in a scenario where I happened to install a library update via FTXC one day, and then two days later, realized I've overlooked an earlier update for an airport released several days before I ran the Library update, I no longer need to run that library update again after I running that airport update?!

Yup, that's correct! FTX Central v2 is quite intelligent in detecting whether you need to download an update or not.

4 hours ago, wingclip said:

PS I clicked on the green arrow, (pointing up) in your reply to assign a "kudos point" and then it turned red and pointed down... I'm not sure if that's good or bad but if it isn't "good" please say so and I'll undo it immediately. (Nothing pops up to say what it is when I pass over it with a cursor).

It's a good thing :)

The "kudos" system is a bit unintuitive. I believe it's showing that if you click it again, it will remove a point.

Archived