FTX Norway - Land replaces sea

Some days ago i got my first payware scenery ever, the FTX EU NORWAY from ORBX. I've used freeware scenery to the Addon scenery before that have worked nicely. 

After some trouble i finally managed to install this payware it on my FSX Steam Edition. The scenery actually looks pretty good at most, but it is very annoying that when i enable the FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX (Area .123) all of the water, both sea and lakes, is replaced by land like plains and woods. I get the water back when i disable it, bot then i lose a lot of other details in the scenery.

I tried installing on 2 different computers, both the FSX Gold and the FSX SE. Same seems to happen whatever...

Does anybody know how to solve this? I prefer using the Steam Edition.

I tried to post some sceenshots to show this(Sotra Bridge just north of ENBR - Flesland). You can also see the default scenery bridge below when this area is disabled (edit.)

sotrabru CVX off2.jpg

Sotrabru CVX on.jpg

Hi timmy87,

welcome to Orbx!

The issue with the missing waterbodies indicates that you terrain.cfg file hasn't been updated with the required custom entries. First thing to try is start FTX Central, set it to Europe, and then click Apply Group, which will trigger an integrity check of terrain.cfg and also add the missing entries (unless there's some access permissions issue with your terrain.cfg).

Cheers, Holger

Thanks you for assistance! However there came up som more issues:

1. I believe it might be something wrong with the terrain file as you say. See the screenshot below, The FTX central will not allow med to apply group because the program says it is unable to locate the scenery.cfg file (even thought it is obvious that it is located in the FSX root folder as well as in Programdata/Microsoft/FSX). 

2. I don't really know what i did. But somehow i solved the problem on one of my computers (the stationary one). I guess it was solved when i reinnstalled FSX SE another time after the scenery was installed. I don't know if this helps... Anyway, I think the scenery now looks pretty good, except it is loading really slow even though i'm running FSX from SSD-drives.

3. And then i tried copying the terrain file from the working computer to this one (my laptop). The water then came back, but there also came some weird dark objects (screenshot). 

So at the moment it is working pretty fine on mye stationary computer. But is there a way to solve these 3 issues: 1). The FTX centrals inability to locate the cfg file 2) The slow loading on the workning computer and 3) The dark objects on my laptop

scenery cfg error.png

sotrabru dark objects.png

Hello,

I have moved your topic to the FSX Steam Edition Support forum

For the first problem, please visit the FSX Steam Edition Support forum where you will find a pinned topic (at the top)

named "FTX Central cannot locate scenery.cfg file".

For your second problem, please visit the in game Display settings page and untick the Direct X 10 preview box.

Restart the game and the black shapes will be gone.

Archived