ORBX don't register i P3D V 3

nopatio

Hi There.

I hope I am in the right forum.

I have just reinstalled P3D V3 and started to install all my ORBX sceneries with the new installer for P3D V3 . The FTX Central 2 tells me that everything is installed correct and OK, but when starting the sim, there are absolutely no ORBX sceneries. I use the Scenery Config Editor, so I can see there, that nothing is registered. It is pointing to the correct location of the scenery.cgf file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ , but the cgf. file is without any ORBX scenery entries. But there is a scenery.cgf_Orbx_Backup file where all is registered. I tried to install KEGE manually and enabled it, and it worked fine, but it should be done automatically by the installer. So my question is why is that, and how do I get it to work properly?

Best regards

Bjarne Otto

Last  Order Number: FSS0465750

Hi Bjaerne,

the scenery.cfg entries will be added when you press the "Apply Group" button. Try cycling a couple of times between groups to see whether that does the job. If it doesn't then either your scenery.cfg file somehow denies access to FTX Central or there's an issue with the registry entry for your P3D installation.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger.

Thanks for your answer, I have tried cycling the FTX Central, but that don't help. What I don't understand is, why it registered in the Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup, and no in the scenery.cfg. That mean the connection is there, otherwise there wouldn't  be a backup. I could of course use the backup as scenery.cfg, but it should go automatically, and I think that is the whole idea with an installer.

I have attached the Backup file, maybe there is a clue in there. I have deleted all files left from P3D V2, according to the P3D V3 forum at AVSIM, so there should be nothing left from that installation.

Cheers

Bjarne

Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you visit the freeware page you will find at the bottom, a Registry Tool.

Download that and run it, you may well still have your P3D v2 entries and

FTX Central may be writing to the V2 scenery.cfg file.

The same thing with my P3DV3.2 and FTX Central 2.  I have installed Global, vector and Open LC Europe, but nothing is in Central, scenery library and scenery.cfg .

I tried that registry tool, but it already point to my p3dV3 installation folder. It doesn't help.

I have parallel FSX installation and there it works with FTC Central 2.

Here is my report identifier generated and sent.

ot41da1e0049d3f20821124999469f9350

Cheers, Zeli

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

When you start FTX Central, does it open a menu where you can choose between FSX and P3D?

Yes, I choose P3DV3 every time.  

FSX works fine, something happened with new P3DV3.  Maybe I installed it to early when FTX Central 2 is still not prepared for V3.

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I see that the Orbx libraries have an entry in your scenery library,

did you add that yourself?

FTX Central for P3DV3 shows Global, vector and Open LC EU in the regions page.  But in the Insertion pointsinsertions.thumb.jpg.66f786ed6f4c46ffd44  Tool there is nothing.  Also in scenery.cfs is nothing.  Scenery library opened from P3DV3 nothing.  

Yes. I installed into P3DV3 all 4 products: Global , Vector, Open LC EU and libraries. I repeated again, but still nothing in Insertion points and scenery.cfg.

During installation , installer points correctly to my E: drive where P3D is installed.  All files are there.

Shall I just just manually add now in scenery library?   Pitty that Tool doesn't do it.

OK, thank you so much for the help, problem solved with the help of Nicks advice about the Registry Tool. There were still a entry left in the registry from V2, but it had the same cenery.cfg file address as V3, so by deleting this in the registry and check that there were no more V2 entries, I opened the FTX Central and activated FTX Global, and everything is fine. default_smile.png

Best regards

Bjarne

Hi again.

I found out that in my case, and maybe also in zbtonse's and others with similar problems, that it was my use of the popular " migration tool" earlier, that had created a cfg.file (P3D v2) in P3D V3  scenery. cfg. file.

Best regards

Bjarne 

Archived