Orbx Wales - missing Caernarfon Castle, Menai Bridge etc

Ian C

I already had England and bought the Wales package too.  I like both very much, but when flying in Wales, I am not seeing landmarks that I saw in the promo videos.  I do see reasonable airport and other scenery, and I have my autogen etc on the settings recommended in the documentation that came with the download.  For example, where Caernarfon Castle should be, there is just an oval-shaped space where it should be.  

Any ideas?

Hi,

I'd start by ensuring the latest Orbx libraries are installed (use the installer available here). If that doesn't help, you might also check the scenery complexity setting (it should be set to the maximum).

Tym

Thanks Guys.  I think it was just the scenery order in my settings.  The latest libraries are there, but they installed at the top of the list.  I moved them down and now I can see my landmarks.  

By the way, I have only just discovered Orbx England/Wales, and I'm loving how real they feel.  I fly small planes VFR, and I thought I needed photographic scenery for that, but as long as major landmarks are there, I'd much rather have the Orbx.  It feels like a real environment, instead of flying over a giant photograph!

Just installed EU Wales and surprised at the lack of detail at Conway, the Castle and the old road bridge ( and the special design of the original Menai Bridge). Also the main A.55 which is a tunnel, looked very strange at Conway. Puzzled by your moving the Wales library down the scenery order in FSX and the fact it improved things. Mine Scotland England and Wales are lumped together and I would have thought the higher up the list they are the better.  You are obviously more knowledgeable than me ! Generally though the scenery depiction is brilliant- I think.

Archived