FTX Global Freeware Airport List error

spud

There is an anomaly in the latest list for the FTX Global Freeware airport List.  Kodiak Municipal Airport is listed as PAKD, searching the FSX Goto Airport/Select Airport database does not find a PAKD.  Searching for Kodiak shows Kodiak Municipal Airport listed as KDK.  The list provided in Neil's post with the various author's name shows it as KDK by Larry Isenor.

Larry,

I agree that KDK is the correct designation.  It is listed in the Go to Airport database that way.  However in the new PDF that is available with the new Global Freeware airports it is incorrect in that KDK is NOT listed at all but "PAKD Kodiak Municipal Airport Kodiak Alaska, USA" is the way it is now listed which is incorrect.

Neil's list with author's names has it correct but the download PDF is wrong.

Hi guys,

my excuse for the confusion. I'm adopting the airport information from http://www.airnav.com/ which lists airports under their ICAO code, so that the PDF list also includes only ICAO codes. KDK is not the ICAO code, but the FAA identifier, which you will see when searching for KDK in airnav. I wasn't aware that FSX (and also P3D) don't have the ICAO for Kodiak saved, so I'll add this information in the next list. If you find more of these, it'd be great if you could let me know. Thanks spud!

Greetings,

Bermuda

Archived