Windows 10

bailout3

John Venema made a comment some time ago that it official that OrbX products are compatible with Windows 10. As for P3D v3, it works well in W10. As far as FSX goes I gave it up long ago but I have found nothing that worked well in W7 that didn't work in W10

36 minutes ago, bailout3 said:

Ok thanks all..thats good enough for me...now to find the system I want.

With the coming upgrades in computer technology ensure you future proof your investment

Once you try VR for flying in OrbX scenery you will find it hard to fly with a flat screen ever again so get a good graphics card

9 hours ago, bailout3 said:

Pardon my ignorance...VR= Virtual Reality? What would that be ?

VR does indeed = virtual reality

Take a look at the new Oculus Rift and Virtual Reality forum right here on the OrbX Public forum area

Simply put - you look where you would in real life to see whatever is in your environment only instead of your den or loungeroom you see Norway or Alaska from inside your cockpit

This will transform your flying forever as most who have tried it never want to go back to using a flat screen

Don't be put off by those who say it makes you sick. Almost everyone gets over it fast and anyway the hardware being released next month greatly reduces the chance of this

Both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive will be supported for FSX & P3D via FlyInside. YouTube has good videos to introduce you to it

• 1 year later...

Please can anyone enlighten me to this issue.

I have a high end pc that Oculus works well on, and i have been running everything really well in windows 7.

FSX steam with loads of ORBX scenery and A2A craft and many others.. It ran great with all the scenery as its pictured in the ORBX website.

I have reformatted the hard drive with a fresh instalation windows 10. 

I unhid, -  the hidden higher admin account, -  that is needed to install programms under windows 10. (It wont let some programms be installed under the lower account)

I worked within that account only.

All other programms that are loaded work fine with no problems, as does the basic FSX steam without the ORBX scenery. 

A2A craft all loaded fine, as many others have.

Of course the FSX steam is loaded.

Then i downloaded FTX central 3 with all my scenery that i can have.

I installed the England scenery, then my shoreham airport.

FTX Central advised me they are up to date and installed.

I made sure all my settings are as they  alway are when they work.

I started the program and flew the tri plane from shoreham.

No Orbx scenery was visible, in that or the settings. That is the England wrap, or Shoreham airport.

I went back into FTX Central and clicked on the same settings, then saved them, although they were no different to my settings in the first place as well as the other pc which is fine. (But will not run Oculus)

The scenery files then appeared in the  settings in the scenery files list.  

The airport and surrounding scenery had changed when the program was re- run, but looked nothing like i know it should, and where the sea should be, it put grass there.

It is totally wrong.

I have never had any trouble loading the scenery with FTX Central and  FSX steam before i loaded windows 10. Ive done nothing different.

This can only mean,  there is a problem here, between windows 10 and FTX Central, with the way its configering it, within windows 10.

So what is it then. Are there things you need to do in windows 10 that are not needed in windows 7.

Can anyone give me a clue.

I dont really want to but i could just go back to windows 7.

But at some point you need to go to windows 10. But for some reason its not working.

Please can someone help.

Thanks

Archived