Black buildings and textures in cities

Jeff Cohen

I just installed FTX: Global BASE,  Order Number: FSS0467103 , after uninstalling GEX North America.  I now have lots of black buildings and other black objects, missing textures, etc, noticeable  when I am around cities, and also see pretty sparse autogen areas.   Some waterways are now a weird Seafoam Green!   I can't really tell if FTX Global is on or not, although it says active in the FTX Central 2 panel.

I matched my FSX settings  to the Orbx guide, I am running FSX Gold with UTX USA and Canada, Rex Essential Plus OD, Freemesh X and Aerosoft Manhattan X.  

I see the black boxes at London City airport in the UK as well as all the North American cities I tried.

I installed all updates including libraries.  FSX was running near flawlessly before I installed FTX Global, which is my first (Unfortunately for my wallet!) of many Orbx purchases.

I am using Win 7 and Direct x 10 preview is off.  Please view the following three images, I could not find the picture icon to click on to add the images, so please view the links.  Where is the icon?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Cohen

Brooklyn, New York

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G6YA

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G6YL

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G6YA

Well done Jeff.

I don't have the answer to your problem, though I suspect that it is to do with mixing UTX and FTX.

It does look as if the autogen is calling for textures that are no longer there or have been moved.

I regret that I don't know anything about UTX.

I am sure that someone more expert in this will be along soon and can help you out.

hi, some addons change autogen and/or textures/scenery way to use, orbx include, so it could be conflict or lost after uninstall something, how i could get it... something went wrong when uninstall, may be some backup dir was lost or didn't create, in any way, if you have no much scenery, just reinstall fsx, and addons, what you plan to use, as i can see is not much, i have around 600gb now for prepar3d, so i look at this from other point of view, and very care about lost or miss something:) so for me and guys like me is could be real nightmare - reinstall, but if you have 3-5 addons, even don't think abot it, i would reinstall my mess really bad, but perspective horrifies...

especially, if your sim on the ssd, let reinstall, is fast and with fresh install work better in any way

p.s. i do not want push/force you to prepar3d, but may be that cause for move, now 3.2 version is really good optimization for new age  gpu and look awesome with new shadding/shadows, afaik shadows nice in the fsx with dx10 fixer, but shine/shading, fifty shades of grey lol, actually i really loved fsx, but after some flight in p3d i couldnt to fligt fsx, even when p3d was too glitch

btw dx10 fixer can broke some textures so they will work with some rendering way, and won't in other(probably!)

Jeff,

I noticed you did not mention having the latest FTX Scenery Library.  Have you download the Scenery Library from the Support Page and installed it in your sim?

Black objects normally point to not having the correct library installed.

Spud,

I did install the latest Scenery Library files, twice.  I also reinstalled Global again.  I have a feeling when I uninstalled GEX, maybe some default FSX files never got backed up and restored. I was just hoping someone would say, yeah, you just need to put these files back in!  If it was only that simple!

It is probably best that I reinstall FSX, then Global, then UTX.  When I eventually get to Prepar3D, I will get Global Vector.

Jeff from Brooklyn

Finally reinstalled FSX, then Global, then UTX.  All my textures look good, there are no more black buildings and land masses.

Unfortunately, I need to blw out FSX again, and reinstall.  I didn't adequately clean out the registry, so my FSX reinstall was not so pristine.

Thanks for the help,

Jeff from Brooklyn

Archived