Global Freeware Pack - SAWH Ushuaia

I updated to the new Global Freeware Pack through FTX Central.  It looks like I don't have the roof texture for the terminal at SAWH Ushuaia, Argentina.

I have the 1 FEB 2016 Orbx libraries installed.

Anyone else missing the roof texture?

Edit:  I downloaded the Freeware Pack installer from the Freeware page, installed it, and have the same result.

I also re-installed the 1 FEB 2016 Orbx libraries.

SAWH Global Freeware Pack.jpg

8 minutes ago, MotoDave said:

I also have the same issue with the roof, and also a water problem I guess.

sawh.jpg

My SAWO, Ushuaia Aero-club is not underwater like yours is MotoDave.

I'm running P3Dv3.1 with Global Base and Vector installed.  I also have FreeMeshX.

Ushuaia.jpg

The roof texture must be one I have that is not a default fsx texture. I have found another one and will include in the next update. The beacon is because the elevation was set above sea level and you are using a different mesh. I will fix to above ground level on the next update. I am unsure about the underwater airport. It looks like you may have another landclass interfering with the default. If anyone else has an idea what is happening let me know.

Larry

48 minutes ago, larryisenor said:

The roof texture must be one I have that is not a default fsx texture. I have found another one and will include in the next update. The beacon is because the elevation was set above sea level and you are using a different mesh. I will fix to above ground level on the next update. I am unsure about the underwater airport. It looks like you may have another landclass interfering with the default. If anyone else has an idea what is happening let me know.

Larry

Thanks for the quick reply Larry.

No worries waiting for the next update.  The continued improvement of the existing free airports (and addition of new ones) is GREATLY APPRECIATED. :)

Just another idea about the water on the airport. I think Vector moved the shoreline to a more correct place. When I placed the airport it was located a distance west of the correct location. If you don't have vector installing it may fix this problem.

Larry

thank you Larry. thank you very much

i have no idea about water place port too, in this situation i just use find function in file manager, looking for icao of problem port, and when i see all *icao*.bgl files, can found where conflict could be...

p.s. exactly Larry, i got couple of ports what work correct only after deactivate all vectors files with problematic icao, aerosoft madeira(lpma/lpps) forexample, in vector folder we can found 1 or 4 files with airport problem

first it use vector configuration tool, if this is not help, after deactivate port just change leftover filename with "dismist" or something like that extension, if vct can not found active or deactive port, so in vector dir found 1 file with problem port icao and rename it, but do not use inactive, for easy found what was changed manually

Larry et al,

I fiddled for quite awhile with SAWH because I had NO roof on the bldg. at all.  I went all the way back to default FSX DX9 scenery and had just the default airports for SAWH and SAWO.  As you noticed SAWO (Aeroclub) was located farther southwest than it is in the Freeware Pack.  Without VECTOR your shoreline is probably different than mine.

The screenshot attached are with all SAWH files active and the one with no high walls is with the FTX_FTXG_SAWH_lib.bgl with an ,OFF extension.

GCS_016.jpg

GCS_017.jpg

Thanks Larry,

I'll look forward to the correction in the next download. 

I was also verifying your recollection of the location of the Aeroclub airport being different in the default FSX scenery.

• 2 months later...

Hi Larry,

Did your fixed SAWH bgl make it to the most recent NA freeware airports update?   I'm still seeing the 'no-roof' situation as depicted in the first photo in post#9.  I'm using FSX DX9 with Vector and Global.   My compliments in picking outstanding locations to beautify further.

That's great news Larry, many thanks.   The team's work on the freeware airport packs is highly appreciated and I can tell you that in no small measure, these efforts have induced me to buy more Orbx products.   Outstanding work on the latest Pack 26 BTW;  you, Neil and John rock.

Hi Guys,

Dutch harbor? AK23 or PADU?   PADU should not be a problem but AK23 might be, here its really high up on a pedestal.  And thanks for the nice comments on our airports.

Larry, I went back and saw nothing on SAWH, I must have missed your e-mail.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks for your interest Neil.  The problems associated within this locale are outlined here:

Both would be nice, although personally I'd prefer PADU if a choice is to be made.   PADU is currently a mess with Vector and only serves to deface an otherwise nice area to fly into/from, particularly given the fine craftsmanship now evident in Cold Bay, Kodiak and King Salmon.   A PADU beautification initiative would therefore seem in order.

Besides, IMHO any location relating to aircraft and showcased on reality TV shows should be automatic candidates for the Freeware Pack treatment ;)

Apologies...I seem to have steered this thread a bit off topic.

22 hours ago, fuzz1 said:

Besides, IMHO any location relating to aircraft and showcased on reality TV shows should be automatic candidates for the Freeware Pack treatment ;)

I keep watching Ice Pilots and every show there is another airport to add to the list.

Larry

• 6 months later...

Archived