Strange terrain spike

horacer

Hey there,

I just did a quick hop from SYD to CBR and beeing some minutes into the descent I noticed this "wall". I attached a screenshot.

Addons active at this time were Australia and Fs Global Ultimate 2010 on P3D v3.1.

Noticed something similar some time ago between Turkey and Iran... my scenery library order should be correct according to the FTX Definitive Guide v2. What kind of additional information is needed?

Any ideas?

chinese-wall-canberra.PNG

Hi,

thanks. Do you have the same configuration with Australia SP4 along with FS Global Ultimate 2010?

Wondering what that might be... from a scenery developer perspective.

I also have tons of other stuff. For instance: Vector, UTX, OpenLC, ... but I disable all of them when flying is such terrain regions.

I also might want to try with FS Global disabled to see if that's the curlpit.

Hi there,

often, those narrow walls aren't actually terrain mesh spikes but rather "rogue" flatten files from an airport or scenery add-on (could be an airport flatten or a water flatten). Does the issue persist when you deactivate the scenery library menu entries for the mesh add-on?

Cheers, Holger

Hey Holger,

thanks for writing in. Yep, without FS Global it's fine... First question is, if I need it anyway, when using an FTX region. Probably not. So it must be a flatten issue with Global Ultimate I have to figure out... will report back if I find something.

Thanks so far.

Archived