Hervey Bay crashes on entry

Hi

Installed with the new quad installer, Hervey Bay crashes P3Dv3.1. on entry. Flying over the airfield is OK but touching ground crashes the sim too.

Deleted it and reinstalled it with the same result. 

This is what the P3Dv3.1. ContentErrorLog.txt tells me :

[error.0]
error=Key values exist outside of a section:
 File:G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Effects\fx_orbx_yhba_apron_light.fx
 Key:nn[Library Effect]

[error.1]
 File:G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Effects\fx_orbx_yhba_apron_light.fx
 Key:Lifetime

[error.2]
 Key:Version

[error.3]
 Key:Display Name

[error.4]
 Key:Radius

[error.5]
 Key:Priority

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Sylvain Delepierre said:

Bonjour Dominique,

J'espère que tout va bien pour toi. 

Do you still have the issue? I don't have YHBA nor Australia installed but I cans ask a staff member to have a look at this.

Bonjour Sylvain, on fait aller. Merci de t'intéresser à mes malheurs, the support was kinda scarce since my first post...

1/ After loading the default airport (Eglin AFB), with the default aircraft (F22), the contenterrorlog.txt already reports something fishy with YHBA :

[error.0]
 Key:nn[Library Effect]

[error.1]
 Key:Lifetime

[error.2]
 Key:Version

[error.3]
 Key:Display Name

[error.4]
 Key:Radius

[error.5]
 Key:Priority

2/ Then, after loading YHBA with the aircraft  on the runway), P3D crashes and adds the following to the contenterror.txt report :

[error.6]
error=Taxiway path with 0 width
[error.7]
[error.8]
[error.9]
[error.10]
[error.11]
[error.12]
[error.13]
[error.14]
[error.15]
[error.16]
[error.17]
[error.18]
[error.19]
[error.20]
[error.21]
[error.22]
[error.23]
[error.24]
[error.25]
[error.26]
[error.27]
[error.28]
[error.29]
[error.30]
[error.31]
[error.32]
[error.33]
[error.34]
[error.35]
[error.36]
[error.37]
[error.38]

3/ If I put the aircraft on the ramp, it crashes too and adds

[error.39]
error=file "xlmflap(.wav|.ogg)" not found
[error.40]
[error.41]
[error.42]
[error.43]

I've been flying in and out of YHBA, in FSX and P3D v2, tens of times, without any problem. The transport toward v3 looks like being screwed. So far, this is the only v3 adapted airport that I own, having a problem . I have not tested them all though.

Reinstalled YHBA two times after cleaning the computer of anything related to YHBA. Oceania is, of course, selected.

I'm assuming this is about crashing into an invisible object? Replace the files in the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YHBA\Scenery folder with these:

rwy_mks.bgl     rwy_tire_marks.bgl     rwy_top.bgl    rwy_cracks.bgl

Efwcts file was fixed with Orbxlibs, taxiway width is a commonly used practice with ground polys. The wav sound, not sure but probably relates to a particular aircraft. 

18 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

I'm assuming this is about crashing into an invisible object? Replace the files in the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YHBA\Scenery folder with these:

rwy_mks.bgl     rwy_tire_marks.bgl     rwy_top.bgl    rwy_cracks.bgl

Efwcts file was fixed with Orbxlibs, taxiway width is a commonly used practice with ground polys. The wav sound, not sure but probably relates to a particular aircraft. 

Thanks, no more crash, after changing the 4 bgl. 

But another issue with YHBA in v3 : the runway white markings textures flash. 

Re effects : I religiously update my OrbXlibS with FTX Central everytime it asks for it. It is then weird that the contentrerrorlog.txt still shows the same 0 to 5 errors. 

Hi Dominque,

If you would like to try this to fix the flashing textures. Delete the following files:

rwy_base.bgl

rwy_cracks.bgl

rwy_mks.bgl

rwy_tire_marks.bgl

rwy_top.bgl

and then extract this zip YHBA_GP_File_Updates_23_04_16.zip to the YHBA folder.

With that library effect file, open it in notepad and if you see "nn" on the first line, delete those two n's and save.

• 2 months later...

hi I just noticed this is happening to me in P3D V3.3 i downloaded the update above but it makes YHBA look terrible. If I have realism on to detect crashes and load up at YHBA it crashes right away only way to stop it is turn off crash detect. any ideas here please?

Colin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've only been using P3D V3 for a little over a month.  I finally have all my ORBX addons installed.  These include 61 airports.  Of those, only Hervey Bay causes my aircraft to crash. For testing purposes I spawned at the airport in slew mode, placing my aircraft at various places around the airport, including grassy regions. Every time I un-slewed I got a crash.  Just out of curiosity I moved  to a nearby road, and there was NO crash when I un-slewed.  Before doing the testing I downloaded the latest version from the Flight Sim Store. It would appear that there is likely something wrong with this airport that needs updating, rather than that there is something wrong with my system, given that my 60 other airports do not produce a crash.

I will try some of the suggestions above, nevertheless, and report back.

Regards,

Tom

Hervey Bay YHBA - FSS0110898

Edit:

I tried first with just "rwy_cracks.bgl," but that produced no results, so I added the other three files, "rwy_mks.bgl," "rwy_tire_marks.bgl," and "rwy_top.bgl."

When I went back to the airport, there were no more crashes, so thanks, Ed, for those files.  Much appreciated!

There was one other small problem I discovered, definitely not a deal breaker, so-to-speak.  The wheels on my plane and AI planes sink into the pavement up to their axles.  The static aircraft, though, display correctly.  I can live with this, but it would certainly be nice to see it corrected.

• 1 month later...

Archived