HD Trees

maxhades

ok i have checked something realy strange! Ground shadows are deactivated! Airplane Shadows activated!

NOW i have with this config sahdows also on buildings! WITHOUT Aircraftshadow the shadows around buildings are gone, also on HD Trees!

What could be the problem here! Never have seem this before!

Hi Max, 

It's likely you have another addon that is placing those trees in that location.. you will notice that some trees in the top of your first screenshot are not casting shadows - these are definitely HD trees as they match our texture work, as can be found in one of the HD Trees promotional pictures. The trees in the lower section of your screenshot (that cast shadows) don't look similar to any types I've seen in our ORBX products - I'd suggest having a look at what other non-ORBX products you have installed do see what may be causing the problem. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thx

Thats what i am doing the whole time now! I can't find any other scenery or whatever here! This is default lowl! Realy crazy! I have had installed a freeware long time ago!

And with HD Trees deactivated the shadows are gone with the few trees!

Hi Max,

FSX ground scenery shadows have always been unpredictable, sometimes not shadowing in the right direction or completely wrong shape shadow for the object being shadowed. Hence the recommendation to always un-check that box when using FSX. Orbx at one time used burnt-in shadowing, limited to a fixed area and direction, burnt shadowing was removed for P3D Orbx addons, P3D however has a much better handle on these ground shadows both giving and receiving, Oh what a caring sim P3D is!!

Archived