Having a few graphical issues with Australia...

Andy Blair

Hi,

Can anyone help with what might be going on here? I've started exploring Australia with FTX Central set to 'hybrid' as I have the usual compliment of 'global' as well as a few 'region' add-ons. I was wondering if Vector might be getting it's knickers in a twist as this mostly seems to be happening around coastline and water, however after aborting this flight I flew in FTX Scotland, again around coastline, and all was well. These screenshots were taken in the area SW of Darwin Intl airport. I've tried the terrain.cfg refresh procedure that is recommended in another thread about texture problems but sadly this didn't help.

Regards,

Andy

2016-2-12_0-11-51-165.jpg

2016-2-12_0-15-19-927.jpg

2016-2-12_0-15-48-243.jpg

2016-2-12_0-16-43-66.jpg

2016-2-12_0-16-58-411.jpg

2016-2-12_0-17-33-564.jpg

Thank-you for the reply Stewart, I will certainly give that a go and let you know. I can now see from other forum posts there is an issue with Vector and AU.

And yeah, I absolutely love the Mu-2. I can't stay out of it since I bought it at Christmas!

Best Regards,

Andy  

1 hour ago, Andy Blair said:

Thank-you for the reply Stewart, I will certainly give that a go and let you know. I can now see from other forum posts there is an issue with Vector and AU.

And yeah, I absolutely love the Mu-2. I can't stay out of it since I bought it at Christmas!

Best Regards,

Andy  

If I may ask, what do you like about it, as opposed to other 2-engine aircraft you might have.  My favorite at the moment is Carenado's Navajo, but Milviz's B55 and C310R are close runners-up.

It's difficult to put my finger on, but I guess I have a soft spot for airplanes that are a bit quirky and different. I love the look of this airplane, the sound of the Garret engines and the impressive, almost jet-like performance they give the MU-2. It's the fastest airplane I fly in P3D and I enjoy the challenge it gives me. I also think this particular developer has put a lot of love and care into this add-on and to this day continues to tweak and improve the product in response to customer feedback. I used to enjoy the Flight1 BN-2 Islander a lot until the old-school GPS it came with ceased to function after a P3D update. I found a replacement for that aircraft in the Aerosoft Twin Otter but if I want to get around quicker I use the MU-2. I also have the Razbam Metroliner, though haven't gotten off the ground in that yet, just haven't put in the time. If I want to fly in something with pistons though, no question, the Milviz B55 is my current favourite.

I unchecked the 4 Vector entries in the Scenery Library (is that how you 'disable' Vector? I don't know for sure as I've never had to do it before). It seems to have tidied things up a bit around the coastline but obviously it isn't quite right yet. Any other suggestions please? The dark tiles appear to be shimmering water and they often flicker or change shape a as you pass over them.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Andy Blair said:

It's difficult to put my finger on, but I guess I have a soft spot for airplanes that are a bit quirky and different. I love the look of this airplane, the sound of the Garret engines and the impressive, almost jet-like performance they give the MU-2. It's the fastest airplane I fly in P3D and I enjoy the challenge it gives me. I also think this particular developer has put a lot of love and care into this add-on and to this day continues to tweak and improve the product in response to customer feedback. I used to enjoy the Flight1 BN-2 Islander a lot until the old-school GPS it came with ceased to function after a P3D update. I found a replacement for that aircraft in the Aerosoft Twin Otter but if I want to get around quicker I use the MU-2. I also have the Razbam Metroliner, though haven't gotten off the ground in that yet, just haven't put in the time. If I want to fly in something with pistons though, no question, the Milviz B55 is my current favourite.

Thanks, Andy.  I think I'll try out the MU-2.  As for the odd textures you're getting, I'm not sure I can help, sorry.  The first thing that came to mind was disabling Vector, which you have done.  So something else is causing the problem.  Chunk's suggestion might be valid, I don't know, I'm old-school FSX.

Hi guys,

those square tiles are a known issue in P3D with our method to allow for seasonal lakes and rivers in Australia. As Chunk states, switching to the dry season is the easiest work-around. Alternatively, one can deactivate the seasonal water as described in this thread: 

Cheers, Holger

Stewart, Chunk and Holger - gentlemen, thanks for your help with my query. I'm glad to hear it's a known issue with P3D and that there is a workaround. I change seasons and try again as soon as I get the opportunity. Meantime, thanks again.

Best Regards,

Andy 

Archived