Issue with YBUD quad installer ZIP

HeH

Hi,

I downloaded today the latest Batch of quad-installers. All except YBUD worked fine. YBUD Show during Installation an error-message about a compression error. I downloaded the file from 2 different Servers and using 7Zip.

Regards

helmut

Hi There,

I had the same problem (2 effects files wouldn't install).  The reason turned out to be that I had already installed the P3Dv2.5 version of YBUD into P3Dv3.1 so those two files already existed but, for some reason, were read only.  Removing the read only attribute (or deleting the already existing files) solved the problem.

All the best,

John

I ran into the same situation...when each decompression-error message appeared, I simply deleted the existing version of the file from the Effects folder, and clicked Retry. Worked for me.

As a test, I just reran the new YBUD installer for a second time today (without deleting my existing YBUD installation), and it completed successfully. Evidently, the new installer does not set the read-only attribute for the two affected files.

So it appears this might have been a bug in the previous YBUD installer, setting the read-only attribute to true for those two files. Can't confirm for sure as I already deleted the previous YBUD installer.

Archived