Square looking light 'boxes'

Lectrolouis

Hi Guys

I started a new topic because the answers on the original were very helpful and got me started.  Global FTX is running well and I set sliders as per the pdf file, so I assume all should be well.

One problem I see, but can't explain, is that when flying in daylight over semi rural or urban terrain, there are rows of little light 'boxes' that seem to follow major roads or even small lanes.

As you get nearer they almost dissolve but you can still see the box shape.  Not street lights or anything like that.

There is a poor quality image i took on my phone, so if i can attach it I will.

Thanks in anticipation of suggestions.

20160204_155153_resized.jpg

20160204_155153_resized.jpg

Looks like you have the DX10 Preview mode switched on in FSX. If that is so, you^re either going to have to switch it off and go back to normal DX9, or else you can get Steve's DX10 fixer, which will help to solve the lights and many other problems when running in DX10 Preview mode.

Cheers

Jack

Normally, the boxes are black in that circumstance.

You might try deleting your Shaders and letting FSX build a new set.

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX, delete the Shaders

and Shaders 10 folders.

If the boxes are then black, you know what to do.

Hi Nick

As the crow flies I am not that far from you.

Struggling to find a way into FSX to check the shaders, the search doesn't find what I want.  Just for the record the flying in the dark is great, the street lights and other lights are very acurate.  I just need to get rid of the light boxes.

John

Spud, thanks for your interest and suggestions.  Believe it or not I am reading suggestions on here that assume that I know more than I do.

Untick DX10 may be simple once you know where to look.  I have not been able to change anything to remove the light boxes because I seem not to have access to FSX and the search on the C drive does not find the file Nick suggested.

Flying in rural areas does not show the light much, just roads in built up areas mostly.

John

Order Number: FSS0458283

Hello John,

The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default.

To see it, you will need to visit the view settings in Windows File Explorer and put a

black spot in the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" circle.

You will find the Direct X 10 preview box in your in game Display settings screen.

Hi Nick

FSX is a set of discs, deluxe edition.  says 3+ on the case.  I think it last had SP2 added a while back.  Does that help?

Thanks for your help.

John

NB Incidentally a flight from Full Sutton to Tee side goes over some stunning scenery.  Much clearer and accurate than urban areas I find.

Nick, thanks for sticking with me on this one.  We are there!!

I loaded SP2 onto FSX and it spent a lot of time dealing with Direct X?  Anyway the outcome is that onve the FSZ is loaded it only takes 30 seconds to put a flight choice up ( it took 6 minutes before) and the scenery is VERY GOOD (sorry using caps) the light boxes have gone and when I fly over semi urban areas the buildings now blend in with the terrain instead of appearing to hover crisply over a rather blurred ground.

I will go with it now and look forward to adding the next lot of software.

John

NB A shot of the winter scene over semi urban is added.

20160207_182255_resized.jpg

Archived