Out of room on the C drive...

birdguy

I have 19GB of free space on my C Drive.  I over 500GB of free space on my D drive where my P3D resides.

After Open LC Europe unwraps and the program starts to install FTX Central 2 opens and says the program needs 10GB to install and I only have 9.7GB.  So it looks like it has used 10GB of my C drive for unwrapping and needs yet another 10GB to install.

Is there some way to redirect it to a drive that has more space for the installation process?  Or another solution?

Noel

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

I have 19GB of free space on my C Drive.  I over 500GB of free space on my D drive where my P3D resides.

After Open LC Europe unwraps and the program starts to install FTX Central 2 opens and says the program needs 10GB to install and I only have 9.7GB.  So it looks like it has used 10GB of my C drive for unwrapping and needs yet another 10GB to install.

Is there some way to redirect it to a drive that has more space for the installation process?  Or another solution?

Noel

A larger C Drive, Noel.  You've reached the limit--19GB won't hack it for these installations.

I cleared about 11GB out and that brought me up to 19.7.  That still wasn't quite enough.  I used Triplane's suggestion and redesignated the temp files to a drive that has 250GB of free space.  That worked.  Thanks for the tip Doug.

Noel

Glad all is well Noel. Moving that Temp file is also important for those of us using a solid-state drive for the operating system. It's the number of writes that determine the useful life of the SSD. The less, the better. No sense needlessly writing all that temporary data there when it can be put anywhere.

Doug

Archived