FTX Open LC Southern Spain

MotoDave

Here are some items for a bored developer with free time to rectify.  Is there such a thing, free time on their hands?  Perhaps, not.  In any case....

Poorly modeled white greenhouse roofs (it's not ground texture, it's simulated greenhouses with white roofs?) abutting the airport.

LEAM.jpg

Ground texture follows object, in this case following a truck rather than airplane.  Very disconcerting.

LEAM2.jpg

More examples of the poorly modeled white roofs of the greenhouses in Southern Spain between LEMG and LEAM.

between_LEAM.jpg

I invite you to open Google Earth above Almeria  like you were flying. This region is Europe greenhouse, supplying fruits and vegetable all over Northern countries in the colder months. On 80 km, the coast is covered by white roofed greenhouses and the OpenLC textures layout does a great job to render that from above.  In OLC first version, there were way not enough of them and I draw the attention of the team to this. This massive greenhouse infrastructure is a major landmark of Southern Spain. The team kindly took my post into consideration then and added a lot more.

Hello, and thank you.  Yes, I had already opened google earth and knew that the white was appropriate.  Perhaps the white and the flatness abutting so close to the runway threw me off a bit.  No worries.

Maybe there is also another thread somewhere that explains the ground texture following an object as it proceeds down a runway.

7 hours ago, motodave said:

Hello, and thank you.  Yes, I had already opened google earth and knew that the white was appropriate.  Perhaps the white and the flatness abutting so close to the runway threw me off a bit.  No worries.

You've a point in the sense that some greenhouse autogen, close to runways, would be nice. But I'm afraid this in an OLC, we have to wait for Spain being designed as a region. 

15 hours ago, dominique said:

You've a point in the sense that some greenhouse autogen, close to runways, would be nice. But I'm afraid this in an OLC, we have to wait for Spain being designed as a region. 

Thank you very much for your input Dominique, I would enjoy a full fat Spain region whenever ORBX thinks it's practical.

Archived