Trees are square black blocks?!

Snacko

Hi.  I am totally new to buying payware for fsx.  I have never bought anything before for it...

Today, I finally decided to try and figure out all of this complicated addons stuff.  So, I did some research and decided to start with the basics.  I bought a fsgenesis mesh for USA.  And also the Orbx - FTX Global BASE.

I just installed the FTX Global Base and all of my trees are just black squares!  What do I do now??

fsx 2016-01-23 19-18-28-32.jpg

1 hour ago, Snacko said:

Hi.  I am totally new to buying payware for fsx.  I have never bought anything before for it...

Today, I finally decided to try and figure out all of this complicated addons stuff.  So, I did some research and decided to start with the basics.  I bought a fsgenesis mesh for USA.  And also the Orbx - FTX Global BASE.

I just installed the FTX Global Base and all of my trees are just black squares!  What do I do now??

fsx 2016-01-23 19-18-28-32.jpg

Do you have DX10 Preview ticked?  And those probably aren't trees, they're lights.

Thanks for the replies and great help guys.  Yes, I turned off Preview DirectX 10 and that fixed the black squares.

I had not heard of Steve's Fixer for Dx10, but I will look into it.

And I also had not read or heard about the Orbx Libraries.  I am planning on getting at least one good region and airport so that I can see what these payware addon's have to offer for myself.  

'Other than scenery', are their any other addon's that most people get?  Like the best Lighting; Weather; etc.. addons that most people get?

I had been fairly hesitant to purchase any addons for years because they are fairly expensive, and I found them confusing.  But I finally sat down and did a bunch of google searches and learned what the basic different types of addons were.(Mesh, scenery, aircraft, ..).  And this little blog was simple, but very helpful.  

Archived