London but no River Thames

Jester945271

Hi All I reloaded FSX recently after upgrading to Win 10 but I found something odd, whilst flying or trying to from London City Airport (EGLC) I noticed that the river has gone. I am running FTX global, FTX Vector OpenLC and FTX England 1.40 Can someone help me please?

OrbXLibs is up to date too.5698f97939e5d_noriver1.jpg.2390ab5f66aef5698f9ad39a47_noriver2.jpg.b999cfa4814cd5698f9b05876c_noriver3.jpg.9ba29601ddf1d5698f9da0f995_noriver4.jpg.20cb56d63cffc2016-01-15_14-57-11.thumb.jpg.bc2f7807cd

Hi there,

always the first thing to try in these kinds of cases is to start FTX Central v2 and cycle once or twice between Groups, pressing Apply Group each time. That will cause all of our core replacement files to be restored as well as the required additions to terrain.cfg and other files to be checked.

From your screenshots it looks as if our custom terrain.cfg entries are missing, which are required to display shorelines, waterbodies, roads, etc., and thus doing the above should fix that.

Also, make sure that the openLC and FTX blocks are in the correct order to one another (insertion point tool) and that you don't have any third-party ladnclass/landscape add-on positioned at higher display priority than the FTX block of entries.

Cheers, Holger

Thats worked thankyou so much. On a slightly different topic. I also have VFR London X as this has a more up to date terrain than FTX EU. When I put it at a higher priority than the EU the surrounding ground is water but lower it is not visible. My example is that to the right of London City airport is the University Halls of residence that have really cool architecture but in FTX ENG it is houses.

Archived