Pago Pago airport "FAQ" Ocean on side of runway hill.

fisheye

While exploring my new Pago Pago scenery package I went to the FAQ Airport and found more ocean climbing up the side of the hill next to the airport.  It actually at first looked like the breakers splashing against the rocks but then I realized that it wasn't really intended to be there.  Norm

FAQ Pago Pago.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

It should look like this

2016-1-10_19-54-19-604.jpg

Do you have any other scenery installed that might be conflicting?

Nick;  I have all addon sceneries turned off in the library except for FTX.  I also have no addon mesh files in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder.  I was wondering if maybe it is in a FTX folder possibly like Papua New Guinea which I have not unchecked yet. 

Scenery Library unchecked.JPG

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, Tim Harris said:

Hi Fisheye,

Do you by any chance have 'Pilots FS Global Ultimate' terrain mesh installed? if so please read here:

Otherwise if not we'll investigate further, as it looks like the installation may not have fully completed

Tim, thanks for the heads up.  I am going to do a fresh install and see if that helps.  fisheye

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, Tim Harris said:

Hi Fisheye,

Do you by any chance have 'Pilots FS Global Ultimate' terrain mesh installed? if so please read here:

Otherwise if not we'll investigate further, as it looks like the installation may not have fully completed

Tim;  Just finished a fresh download and install of Pago Pago with no difference at all.  I still have the same water effect up the hillside even with all addon scenery unchecked in the Library and no added mesh in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder.  I am out of ideas except for the thought of it being in a FTX folder.  None of those are unchecked.  I will try by unchecking Papa New Guinea folder. 

Hi Fisheye,

Something is conflicting on your system as the entire Samoan island chain was removed, then completely re-built from scratch for this project

Can you try moving the FTX_AA_NSTU folder in the scenery library up to the top (number 1) as a test?

And also if you use FTX Vector, run the Auto-AEC function

54 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

Hi Fisheye,

Something is conflicting on your system as the entire Samoan island chain was removed, then completely re-built from scratch for this project

Can you try moving the FTX_AA_NSTU folder in the scenery library up to the top (number 1) as a test?

And also if you use FTX Vector, run the Auto-AEC function

Tim;  I will try this next however I just spent the last four hours trying everything I know to fix this including unchecking everything in the scenery library including all of the FTX folders except NSTU and still have the same effects. I mean everything, other than required files.  I then unchecked NSTU and went back to the stock scenery and no water problems, went back to FTX and they are back again.  There is nothing more I know how to do to fix this.  Norm

Tim;  I just tried moving NSTU to the very top of the Library to No. 1 and still have the issue. I also use Vector AEC every time I make any changes.  Just so you know I have been into MSFS for over 20 years since before BAO sold to Microsoft. I am not a programmer but know FS files very well.  Thanks,  Norm

Tim; I think I forgot to mention that I don't have the Pilots Global Mesh.

Hi Norm,

Been through a bunch of tests to try and replicate the issue seen in your screenshot, and I think I found it, setting my mesh to 19/38m produced the same rising water issue

Please go into your FSX settings and ensure your mesh and texture settings are as shown in the picture below, most importantly the terrain mesh slider needs to be set to 5m for all Orbx products

mesh_settings.jpg

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Tim;  The one thing I didn't think to check and it worked, thanks for your support.  I had set these sliders trying to get the Orbx Friday Harbor airport to not give me OOM"s and forgot to reset them for Pago Pago.  My mind is not as sharp as it used to be.  :wacko:

Archived