Installation Clarification

RobertMassie

Hi,

I have little experience of forums so apologies if incorrect posting. I have read the forums and the Definitive Guide and I am still unsure on correct installation order for my Orbx products as shown on my footer nor the order in which they should appear in my Scenery Library. My relevant packages for this enquiry is P3D V3, REX 4 Textures, Rex Soft Clouds and ASN, I am planning a full rebuild due to inconsistent scenery loading and performance and I would very much appreciate your guidance on installation order of my Orbx products. If you do have any advice on whether to install Orbx family of products before or after any of the other products I use, this would be much appreciated although understood if this is not possible for you to assist with.

Regards

Welcome to the forum. You will find a most useful installation guide in the FAQ section at the beginning of this forum. Here's the direct link http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107252-orbx-product-installation-guide/  . While the order in which you install the ORBX products doesn't matter, the installation guide offers a suggested method. I would install all the ORBX products first using this guide and then install the other add-ons. The ORBX installers will automatically properly sequence the Scenery Library entries.The order in which you install the other add-ons also doesn't matter.  Again, welcome. I think you will like it here.

Doug

Hi and thanks for your reply.

As indicated, I have read the definitive guide (and lots of online material on this issue) and while I have been simming for years, I am very new or Orbx products but I do find the range and naming of the products confusing. I have as you will see from my specification what is regarded as a fairly high end PC and I recently removed all Orbx products and add ones to try and get rid of screen popping and blurries, irrespective of sliders right, middle or left.

My plan is to get my P3D v3 running as smooth as possible (I use fps only as a guide, I strive for smooth) and then totally rebuild my system as systematically as possible and one add on at a time, testing as I go before installing any other add ons. If the Orbx packages I own (incl. Pilots FTX 2010) can be installed in any order then my remaining question would be where should I install Orbx products in respect to Rex 4 Textures and Rex Soft Clouds ?

thanks for your assistance

As both REX TD4 and Soft Clouds are basically replacements for the default textures they, too, can be installed in any order at any time. If I were starting from scratch, however, I would install these as well as ASN and the Pilots mesh prior to installing any ORBX sceneries. That will allow for a bit of a system shakedown prior to the rather lengthy install of all the ORBX "stuff".

Doug

Hi and thanks for your reply,

I have now rebuilt my entire system and have been trying to download and install PILOT's FS Global 2010 for FTX  from FlightSimStore for over 24 hours now without success. I had a similar problem when I first bought this 5 weeks ago (I have been in I.T. for 20 years and I needed one of my engineers to resolve this for me then and probably need to ask for the guys to help me again... needs sorting !)

Anyway, frustrations with the download and installation aside (for those who may be able to help, see below), I need to make some progress so my question is, can I proceed with my other Orbx products BEFORE I install Pilots FS Global 2010 or can I install it at the end ?

EDIT : I used Internet Download Manager to download all the files from FlightSimStore and they appeared to download correctly and appeared to be correct sizes. I have tried to extract with Winzip and WinRar and both failed saying all files were not present. I downloaded to my downloads folder, extracted to a sub folder on same drive and same problem. I re downloaded to download folder, extracted to a folder on my P3D Drive, downloaded again and copied compressed files to folder on P3D drive and it still failed ! 

Thanks for any assistance

My understanding is that you should not use downloads folder. I created a folder in my documents and the installation appeared to be OK. The only problem I had was the hash numbers of my downloaded files are all different from the ones published.

I finally managed to download and install....everything as per the definitive guide, i have checked all all the scenery insertion points and as as far as I can see, a textbook installtion. I have installed latest libraries and run the airport elevations autoconfig  and my default airport EGCC (Manchester, England) is full of craters and holes (of all the airports in all the world, you had to choose mine !)

I cant load airport images as they are about 11MB which is over the 4MB limit but I know there are many users who have experienced this problem but my scenery insertion points are attached below.

Thanks in anticipation of any assistance

orbx tool default scenery 1.PNG

orbx tool default scenery 2.PNG

Your scenery library looks fine.

As I am sure you realise, the orange FSX covers all your FTX regions and airports.

There is no need to upload an 11 mb or any other image to this site.

If you have taken a screenshot, use  image editing software to reduce its size to a maximum

of 1000 pixels horizontal and save it as a .jpeg image.

Then upload the file to an image hosting site such as this one and use the direct link to add

the image to your post.

You will see Insert other media\Insert image from URL at the bottom right of the reply box.

Another image of EGCC with craters in airport. I have tried running Airport Elevations in auto mode and manually addin EGCC and manually excluding EGCC but nothing I have tried is resolving the issue. There are also lots or roads with huge dips in them and the quality of the roads and the landclass in general seems very blurred and out of focus. I have tried flying in the slowest simulation rate and pausing for ages but the detail I would expect doesn't appear.

I have run the Orbx diagnostic tool and this is the identifier otabab5dbb58b9719ef21f8407f050dd0c 

OrbxEGCCcratersinrunway.jpg

Archived