Few aircraft at SoCAL default airports

AviatorMan

Many of the default airports at SoCAL are very good as they are: for example, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, even San Diego. However, there are few to no aircraft at these airports. Even if i set traffic to 100%. Am I missing a setting to populate these excellent airports with more airplanes?

Hi there,

the SCA control panel has a checkbox for additional GA AI traffic that is inactive by default. If you have our freeware NA AI package installed, which provides the required GA aircraft models and repaints, then you can activate the checkbox.

Cheers, Holger

OK, thanks, I  will get the GA package. There are in fact quite a lot of GA aircraft already parked at airports such as KSMO, but KSAN is practically deserted. I upped the airline traffic to 100% and perhaps 5 or 6 aircraft were parked at the gates, but there should be dozens of aircraft. The place just looks like an airport not in use. A shame as the airport layout and terminals look accurate to the real thing and nearly as good as a payware airport.

Hi Mike,

we may be talking about different things as we don't provide any commercial AI traffic for North America. Thus, if you're looking for airline traffic you'd need to invest in one of the payware global AI packages or create your own set from the many available freeware flightplans and models.

As mentioned in the SCA manual the NA GA AI package is available at https://fullterrain.com/freeware/ai

Cheers, Holger

21 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Mike,

we may be talking about different things as we don't provide any commercial AI traffic for North America. Thus, if you're looking for airline traffic you'd need to invest in one of the payware global AI packages or create your own set from the many available freeware flightplans and models.

As mentioned in the SCA manual the NA GA AI package is available at https://fullterrain.com/freeware/ai

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for the info. I did get the GA AI package, and it seems pretty very good. Are the planes only inserted in PNW airports are also in the other NA regions? I noticed quite a lot at Friday Harbor.  Investing in one of these global AI packages sounds like it makes good sense.

Archived