Catalina Airport.

Dadtom65

Hi All. Was just reading my issue of PC Pilot and came across the section about Catalina island and the airport. It all so mentioned that the FSX version was not up to scratch and that there was a free demo version of the Island on the Aerosoft web page, which I have downloaded. I did set myself up there on FSX before and no matter what I used, Global or North America there were two large dips in the scenery, holes more like a few hundred yards from the runway. I do not have the Southern California scenery yet and wonder if it will cover that area. Cheer's Derek.

Hi All. Have since installed the free Catalina scenery and it's brilliant, all so I see what the holes were meant to be, they are large dips with lakes at the bottom. All so the runway seems to dip in the distance which looks good. Derek.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the sloping runway is the problem?

I loaded the airport into a default scenery.cfg file and

it worked as it should.

I added mesh and it still did.

I added SCA and the sloped runway was then flat.

Then I disabled SCA again without restarting FSX and found that the runway

was sloped again but the aircraft and scenery objects were floating above

ground level.

I'm not sure if the product is compatible with FTX products.

I believe you are correct Nick, the sloping runway  problem is the issue, if you drop your external view below the plane it appears to be floating. Funny thing is I tried it on my laptop with vanilla FSX and the same issue is still present. Still useable as long as you don't drop your external view too low.

Archived