SCA : Fake aircraft at Mojave and VCV

dominique

The Mojave boneyard and Southern Cal Logistics Airport have images of large aircraft baked in the underlaying photographic airport ground. It is not that great from above and even less so in closer proximity. I quite understand that a project of that size is all about choices to optimize the fluidity but we are in the desert here, not in the LA or San Diego area. I would very much welcome to have low poly aircraft put in place in a future SP if that was possible.  Don't make me wrong btw,  I love SCA but this is one of the things that could improve a scenery of an excellent overall quality.

I saw that as well and almost immediately said to myself I'll have to come back here and place a bunch of plane objects to give it some dimension.  I don't have old rusted or part planes just those in the libraries but they will do.

Agreed, I will do the same without a positive answer from OrbX, the MTX should provide some low poly aircraft. But it would be nice that those without the knowledge to do so, could also benefit from it.

Also the baked image of the aircraft will stay...

Hi guys,

the reason we included photoreal coverage for KVCV and KMHV was specifically because we didn't want to place some poorly matched low-poly models at those airports. It's a design decision on our part but I realize that people have different preferences. If you decide to place objects yourself you may want to remove the photoreal file (located in \FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX\scenery) for those airports once you're done because the white aircraft shapes will probably look rather odd underneath your 3D models.

Cheers, Holger

Archived