FTXC crashes on launch, please help.

Planejunky

Hello,

I have just purchased the FTX package for England and am having a problem getting it up and running as the accompanying FTX Central 2 program can't launch without crashing. I understand that without this software I cannot get the scenery to display which is now causing me some frustration!

I have .Net Framework version 4.5.2 installed and have also run the FS Registry repair program mentioned in the FTXC pdf document. I have attached the error report file here for your attention so any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Justyn

Order No. 444706

ftxc_error_360.txt

Hi Ben,

It would seem we can't win in FSX can we lol?!! Like many people, I had removed this file as it was causing FSX to CTD hence why it's not there. I do have it backed up though, so have replaced it and it all works ok. Obviously I may need to remove the UIAutomationCore.dll file again if the CTD issues return, so I assume now that the FTX scenery is active it won't cause any issues with the FTX scenery?

Cheers for the help so far.

You must never remove any Windows system files for the sake of FSX.

The solution is always to put the compatible (UIAutomationCore.dll)  version

into the FSX root folder.

FSX looks into its own folder first for the file and only if it is not found there

does it look for the Windows system version.

The attached version has served me well.

UIAutomationCore.zip

Archived