NA Gold USA Southern California Problems:

cflord

I just purchased and installed the new ORBX - FTX: NA Gold USA Southern California and I have noticed a few problems:

1. The LA and Las Vegas areas are hard on frame rates.

2. After installing Southern California I noticed my ORBX KPSP Palm Springs scenery had serious elevation problems.  I did fix this by going to the FTX Vector Configurator and under the

"Airport Elevation Corrections" tab I put KPSP under the "Manual" side.

3. The Hoover Dam near Las Vegas is all messed up.  The Hoover Dam Bridge is collapsed and the four towers on the upper side of the dam should be sitting in water.  Also the upper dam wall

should be straight down, not slanted out. There is also two structures falling off the side of the cliff. See the four following pics:

Dam-0001.jpg

Dam-0002.jpg

Dam-0003.jpg

Dam-0004.jpg

Cliff Lord

Hi Cliff,

those Hoover Dam screenshots show the default model and some generic "extrusion" bridge, definitely not the custom models delivered with SCA. For comparison see previews screenshots here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105890-ftx-na-sca-southern-california-around-los-angeles-and-las-vegas-p3dv3/ and recent customer screenshots here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107938-hoover-dam/#comment-971393

Please check the SCA manual that you've followed all installation steps, including running FTX Central and making "North America" active (press Apply Group). Also make sure that you don't have any local scenery-add-ons active at higher display priority than the Orbx/FTX block that may exclude our dam and other components (e.g., UTX USA or similar).

Cheers, Holger

Holger, I will go back and check all the things you suggested.  I have no other Las Vegas area sceneries installed other than this one by ORBX.  I will recheck FTX Central to see if it's in "North America" as Palm Springs is in "Global" and I was checking out Southern California Vs. Palm Springs as part of the installation. I just don't remember the default FSX Hoover Dam looking this bad.  I do remember there was no Hoover Dam Bridge in FSX.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

further to the issue: I came across this post in the Vector forum: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/103275-r00173-broken-bridge-near-hoover-damn-east-of-klas/#comment-932538 . If you click on the screenshot links they very much look like yours. If that's the case then you either have the Global Vector entries above the FTX block with the four SCA entries or the installation of SCA isn't complete meaning you don't have any SCA entries active at all.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for your help Holger.  It was a matter of me still being in "Glodal" (after checking problems with KPSP) in FTX Central.  As soon as I switched to "North America" all is fine with the Hoover Dam.

C185F-187.jpg

Cliff

Archived