FTX Central 2 stopped launching

Skycat

Is there a way to download FTX Central 2 using GetRight and install it after the download completes?

Background: I recently started rebuilding my FSX install with a clean copy of Windows 7, brand new hard drives and FSX Steam Edition. After some difficulty I was able to install and activate FTX Central 2 and merge my Global Base and Global Vector products. Continuing on, I was able to install NA: Pacific Northwest, Central Rocky Mountains and Northern Rocky Mountains. All was fine up until that point.

Early this week I installed NA: Northern California. FTX Central wanted to update itself and I approved. The update wouldn't complete and FTX Central hasn't worked since. I have manually downloaded the first patch for Northern California -- I'm not sure if the patch installed correctly -- and the latest Objects Library. FTX Central 2 still does not launch.

I have attempted multiple times to re-download FTX Central 2 using the "ftx_central2_setup.exe" in my AppData folder. About one-quarter of the way through the self-installation process, a red pop-up flashes with a message that begins: "An error occurred when downloading FTX Central System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. --> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read date for the transport connection: The connection was closed."

I have tried turning of my AV in case it is impeding. I think the problem is my very slow internet speed; I have needed to use GetRight download manager to download FTX products. I'd like to download FTX Central as a managed download and install when the download completes.

I appreciate your quick reply. I tried removing the entire ORBX folder and installing the newest libraries. FTX Central 2 began installing itself and then gave me the red window of termination.

Downloads are averaging 20-40 Kbs for me. I think I'm losing connection with the server as FTX Central 2 attempts to install. When I downloaded the Objects Libraries with GetRight last night it was 5-hour download with multiple resets with the server. Global Open Landclass Alaska and Canada download require more than 100 resets; Northern California was more than 250 resets. I'm thinking my problem with downloading FTX Central is related.

Hi Skycat,

Here is the .zip file for FTX Central v2: http://fullterrain.com/updates/ftxcentral/2.0.5753.35429.zip

After downloading it, extract the contents to %localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral (you may need to create the Orbx and FTXCentral directories if they don't exist). Then, after that, you can run FTXCentral.exe and it should be back to normal.

Archived