FTX Global not working correctly with P3D v3.1

Hello,
I have recently moved over from P3D v2.5 to 3.1 and after I installed Orbx Base and Vector in P3D v3.1, I have been getting weird errors in the scenery and I am not sure why. I have attached images of the scenery/textures I am getting. I have tried to do a clean install of Windows and still nothing helped. 1.jpg

2.jpg

My Scenery set up in P3D v3.1

Capture.png

I would really appreciate some help and feedback on how to solve this issue. I can see that nobody else has complained about this issue so I am not sure if it's something wrong I am doing on my end.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

First thing I'd try is to delete the contents of c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\ and try a re-start of P3D.

Second: Re-Run the installation of Global Base - re-start P3D, then re-install Global Vector.

No De-Installation!

Hope this helps,

Michael.

Ok I have just installed a new version of Windows 10 after wiping both of my hard drives (one for the OS and the other for just flight sim). Right now I just installed P3D but I don't see any Shaders file inside the Local folder you mentioned above. I am a little scared to try and reinstall Global again as I am afraid it might introduce the same problem and I just don't want to be in that position again. I rather fly with default scenery than this autogen stuff that was popping everywhere.

Now that you have re-installed everything, the advice about the shaders

is no longer valid, a good idea though it was.

They are not created until the simulator is run for the first time.

There is no reason to suppose that re-installing the products, if done with

care and methodically will result in the recurrence of the error.

Even if it did, there will be a solution far short of re-installing everything.

I would suggest that you start by downloading and installing the latest

libraries, which you can find here.

Then install FTX Global, run FTX Central and click on Apply Group.

At that point you may run the simulator to check that all is well.

If so, install FTX Vector and then your OpenLC products.

After each, run the simulator to satisfy yourself that all is well.

May I add: I created a file backup (using Acronis True Image File Backup feature) including all the ...\Prepar3D v3 folders (remove the 'hidden' flag from the \ProgramData and \Appdata folders to make them accessible for ATI) - every 5 addon installations. If anything goes wrong, I can delete all the folders, restore from the last backup and repeat from that point. No need for a complete reinstallation. (I'm not - in any way - related to ATI, just a satisfied user)

Michael.

I just finished reinstalling everything from scratch and it's working again. I am sooooo glad. I have been up the last 3-4 days reinstalling and configuring things trying to fix this issue and it's finally fixed. Ironically I did the exact same procedure I did in Win 7 before I installed Windows 10 and erased everything but for some reason it didn't work on Windows 7 but when I tried to install everything on a new clean copy of windows 10, things seemed to work fine so I am not too sure what that is all about but I am just glad it works now. Thank you guys for the help, I really do appreciate it.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays :)

Archived