SoCal anomaly

JohnMD

To the team,

I was just flying around the back of Mt Charleston, Las Vegas by Indian Springs, and found this large patch or anomaly which doesn't look right in light of the beautiful terrain textures work that you folk did around the same area, I checked both Google earth, and also your SoCal region map and this seems to be well within the parameters of the new scenery region, I am just wondering whether I have a problem with my scenery rendition in this area or is this definitely an anomaly, could you please advise.

I have included two photos of the area and co-ordinates in the top L/H corner.

2015-12-25_20-43-19-935.jpg

2015-12-25_20-43-24-635.jpg

regards

John MD

Hi there,

that looks like you may have another landclass add-on active at higher display priority than the Orbx/FTX block that includes SCA. It seems to only cover the valley floor but calls the SCA parking lot textures. Perhaps some add-on meant to enhance salt flats?

Cheers, Holger

To the team,

I seem to now have resolved the situation by deactivating the Las Vegas and Edwards AFB entries in the scenery library as was suggested in your SoCal user guide, I had tried other things such as checking the display priority of various entries in the scenery library but that did not change anything at all, even checked FTX central and changed between Global and Nth America settings, but again no joy, so it was probably a case of the classic "when all else fails please read the instructions".

Thank you again for your help and suggestions, it actually did finally point me in the right direction.....

regards

John MD

Archived