FTX HD Trees & "Lumberjack" compatibility

Dreamsofwings1

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the Lumberjack program, that is used to remove trees on approach to runways, is compatible with FTX HD Trees.  After some great help here I used it to solve the issue with the standard FSX trees but since installing HD Trees I am stuck with tall trees on approach for example at Blackbushe, EGLK, and despite reinstalling and fiddling I cannot seem to get Lumberjack to work it's magic.  Any ideas?

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

the Orbx HD trees are strictly replacement textures for autogen trees meaning any autogen exclude that works without HD trees installed will also work with them. In other words your problem cannot be related to the HD textures.

Trees can be placed in three different ways -- autogen, vector autogen, and object (XML) -- and each require different exclude types; as far as I know the "Lumberjack" add-on only deals with "pure" autogen. Besides, I'd be careful using an add-on that creates blanket autogen excludes across the globe as that will probably remove autogen in unwanted locations as well. I'm pretty sure that this add-on was meant for default airport scenery only.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holgar.  It used to work really well for me but after adding the HD trees it was no longer working hence why I thought that might be a cause but probably something else.  I might try and add it again maybe.  Unfortunately without it Blackbushe is pretty much off limits if you want to follow the correct glide slope.

Archived