SCA Wrong Disk?

SGTMAJOR

Okay Fella's......just downloaded the NA Southern Cal Scenery...(6 hours...ouch..:)..... Order Number: FSS0440430)

Other than a long download.....no apparent hiccups.

Unzipped the file.....took a glance at the FTX NA Gold SC User Guide.....Opened FTX SCA Coverage & Features Map and glanced over that......then ran the install.

Install started.....got the message not to click finish until install was complete, etc., etc.

A short time into the install....I received a "Compression error message".......I clicked "retry".....it appeared to start again, then I received an message to insert Disk 5......followed by Wrong Disk Message.

Looking back at my folder I unzipped the download.... I see the user guide....the features map....the install exec. file....and files listed as OrbxFTXNAGoldSCA100.2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.

Was there suppose to be a 5.....(there isn't one)........and if so....do I need to download again........please tell me no. (smile)

If so.....I'll probably wait a few days before trying again...........Ugh!!! (smile)

Thanks fella's!!!

Steve R.

SgtMajor, USMC, (Retired)

NA SoCal Wrong Disk.jpg

NA SoCal Install.jpg

Edit:  Grabbed the zip file and ran from my desktop......Hmmm.....looks like my download zip was corrupt.  (Not sure why I didn't see the message the first time.....)

So.....just to confirm my worst thoughts...(smile).....I'm assuming I will need to download again?

Thanks fella's!!!

Here's the zip error.........BTW......file .5 showed up this time....... .13 did not.

Checksum Error.jpg

Final Edit:

Here's what I did...(smile).............as posted on first message..........My unzip file was missing the .5 file............On my second Edit posting........ I unzipped again, and the .5 showed up, however, the .13 was missing with the above corrupt message.

SOooo....... I copied the .13 file from the first unzip.....and copied it into the folder that was missing the .13 and ran the install program again.

I had one burp at what appears to be Edwards AFB Lake???.......I tired the retry.....no joy......I hit the ignore button and the install process completed with a "Successful Installation Message"

So at least it appears I may have a small issue.....but that's where I stand as of now.

Cheers,

Actually.....No I didn't touch it.  Started the download....drove over and picked up my 90+ year old parents....we then had our Christmas dinner last evening,  Drove around town looking at lights and I didn't get back until the last 45 minutes of the download where I got on my laptop and did some work until the download finished.

I learned the lesson many years ago..........DON'T Touch when downloading. (smile)

However,......since I wasn't present the entire time.......did the server have a hiccup with everyone trying to download........possible............

No worries.........I'll try downloading again in a few days.  Heck.....I've been waiting a VERY long time for this scenery package.  A few more days isn't going to hurt.  I'll think of it as my "Christmas Present."   (Smile)

BTW...........Merry Christmas to you guys and wish you all a Warm New Year!!!

Cheers!!

Steve R.

Thanks Holger....... I haven't used one in years, but perhaps it's time to start again!! (smile)

Hope you have a "Merry Christmas" Partner and as always, Thanks again for all your Hard Work.  From what I've seen of SCA so far............"Top Shelf" as Always!!

Cheers,

Steve R. 

SgtMajor, USMC, (Retired)

Archived