KFHR Secondary airfields problem

avduarri

Hi,

I have a problem with some secondary airfields/airstrips in KFHR scenary. While landing in Schoolhouse Field (3WA7) and Friday West (1WA9) it's all ok, in Kanaka Bay (2w4) and Rabbit Run (61WA) the plane goes beyond the terrein in some parts during the landing roll, making the roll extremely bumpy. It's more like a "crashing" landing roll. I just have the issue with this two airfields. Changing all the mesh settings to max doesn't makes better.

Anyone having the same problem?

I mean that:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/7uG

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/7uN

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/7uT

The plane goes beyond the terrain and after that goes up with a "crash-jump"

I have the Radious of Detail and Mesh Complexity to full right, and Mesh Resolution to 5m

I also encounter extreme bumps and hollows on the Burden Field (Rabbit Run) strip. Kanaka Bay, however, is fairly smooth.

At both locations I have the same (elevation?) issue where the aircraft sinks into the ground and crashes. This occurs when taxiing over certain "soft" spots on the runway.

56786a3fbaa5e_bumpyBurdenFld.png.55004bc56786a481851e_Burdenwhiletaxiing.png.3c056786a4f8b28b_TanakaBaywhiletaxiing.png.

That's an interesting one.

Testing here it's OK. Burden Field was deliberately meant to a bit uneven, but it certainly shouldn't be as uneven as what you're seeing. Can you tell me if the bumpiness continues the entire length of the runway? Also, can you confirm that the ORbx entries are at the top of your scenery library and not below the entry for FS Global 2010?

FYI All of these airfields required "special" attention in order to make them useable and also maintain the sloping aspect. This may introduce a conflict if the Orbx entries aren't in the correct location in your libraries.

If in doubt, take a screenshot of your scenery library and post it here. In the meantime, I'll have another look at or end.

Greg

Turbulent

The issue is only in certain points of the runway/strip, where the plane falls suddenly beyond terrain and jumps again over the terrain after a few feets.

When arriving at home I'll check the entries and will  report.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed KFRH in P3Dv3 and Burden Field is so bumpy that it is unlandable.  The field is so bumpy that the aircraft bounces into the air (crash detection off) just trying to taxi.  Bounces down entire runway.

I do NOT have any additional mesh or prior add-ons. (Fresh P3Dv3 on new PC, Global, Vector, PNW, KFRH)

I recorded a video of taxiing (bouncing) at 61WA with the P3D native recorder. File is attached, "61WA bumps.fsr".

2W4 wasn't bad, take off and landing both OK for me.  Haven't got to the others yet.  Scenery looks fantastic BTW!

61WA bumps.jpg

61WA bumps.fsr

Archived