Sceneries completely missing!

rockliffe

I posted a support request a week or two ago regarding an FTX error message and a missing restore.bat file while changing regions in FTX Central. After not a great conclusion to the issue, I decided to reinstall a previous backup that I had made a couple of weeks earlier. Since then there have been several things that have just made the whole sim very 'flakey.' You know the kind of thing, you can't quite put your finger on things but something just seems amiss. The most recent issue was when the OLC US found itself at the top of the scenery library. Don't know how or why. I have also had a couple of BSODs. I have been well blessed since starting flying five years ago, and with all the Orbx scenery that I own, I have experienced very few issues.

The latest conundrum has appeared while flying over France and I noticed the EU OLC was non existent. When I viewed the scenery library I noticed only files 1 and 3 were present with the EU OLC. I decided to reinstall and things went fine. I also reinstalled the US OLC, but for some reason it has not appeared in the scenery library, even after switching between regions, reinstalling the latest libs and rebooting. So no US OLC??? Equally worrying, while I am reviewing the scenery library, I notice that all the region files are missing! I own all of Orbx regions and none of them are present, only the individual airports. I think the screenshot is fairly self explanatory.

This is very worrying and if some help could be offered I'd be grateful, as always. Cheers fellas.

Capture.JPG

When Global is selected in FTXCentral there will be no Regions shown in the scenery library - that's normal. Try this, select Global and you'll find no Region entries in the scenery library. Next, select Global Hybrid and all the Regions will be added back to the scenery library. Only when the Regions are activated in FTXCentral do the scenery library entries appear.

Doug

No worries.

Illustrated what Doug said above,

When FTX Central 2 is set to FTX Global, the regions are disabled in the Scenery Library. See my scenery.cfg:

SceneryFTXGlobalBase2015-12-19_14-52-18-

When you activate any of the other (North America, Europe, and Oceania), all will appear in the Scenery Library (activated). Look:

SceneryNonFTXGlobal219-12-201517-27-19.j

SceneryNonFTXGlobal219-12-201517-27-19.j

Also note that I have all openLC, but look how they are arranged in OLC block.

Note that you need to put Tongass X between the FTX bock and OLC block.

Cheers,

Hey guys, thanks for this. I feel so foolish, as I could have sworn blind that it didn't make any difference when I changed regions. I must be getting old! However, it didn't explain the issue with NA OLC. I actually had to install the files manually. All seems to be working OK now. Cheers.

Archived