Orbx KFHR Airport.. Graphic Problems

Tom Ballew

I've had this as well, and I think I know what's causing it.  While the frame rates are excellent, the VAS usage unfortunately is quite high.  I'm left with 700K of space available at the onset of loading this scenery, and after flying around the island awhile it drops to 350K.  The graphic anomalies show up on my system when the VAS is nearly out.  Once I close FSX and restart the airport is back to normal.   I realize I'll likely need to reduce settings in the control panel, but it's kind of a shame when the frames are so good overall.

Welcome to the forums Tom

There seems to be an almost complete difference between what you should see and what you do see.

Nothing seems to match, not even the taxiway markings.

I think you must have another version active at the same place.

This is what I see

2015-12-16_9-6-58-61100ee6.jpg

Yours

Untitled.jpg

Hi Tom,

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Your second shot looks like it might actually be PAJN rather than Friday Harbor.

I can see that you're at the correct location in the first shot however it looks like you have either the default or PNW buildings still active and none of the KFHR terrain adjustments. Can you confirm that you have FTX PNW installed prior to the installation of KFHR?

(I just had another look at your initial post - it seems you've got an entire screenshot in your sig. You might want to remove that in order to rsolve the confusion!)

Cheers,

Greg

I saw the same thing today and I do think that curt1 might be right. The airport looked perfectly fine on departure but after getting airborne, flying across to and doing a full stop landing at Concrete (another Orbx airport) and the flying back to Friday Harbour, suddenly I too had a messed up graphic of the airport on final approach and landing.  Seemed that two layers were sitting one on top of the other, fighting for dominance. On the roll out, while this was happening, the PC crashed with a 'blue' screen, the first time this has happened since I built my PC a couple years ago. I have never previously installed any add on for Friday Harbour and Orbx scenery sits right up at the top of the Scenery Library.

On the same landing I noticed a C172 floating fairly high above the ramp.

A second flight from Friday Harbour for 20 mins sight seeing and back resulted in no problems. 

ASN weather was heavily overcast with some rain/snow which would not have helped VAS. I have also noticed one or two other people reporting similar issues with ATC tower floating above the ground. Unless there is a bug in there somewhere, it is likely just that these sceneries are pushing even the high end systems to breaking point in a very short period of time.

• 1 month later...

Archived