Getting a little nervous ...

alank

Just be prepared to throw all the carry on luggage out (don't put anything valuable in there) to make the plane lighter. Or better still, take command of the plane, vent fuel, and land and refuel at an intermediate point.     :P

From my 20+ years of airline experience in aircraft load planning (W&B); I know the A320 is very balance sensitive as the aircraft approaches MTOW. Many times we had to restrict how many passengers were allowed to board and where they were seated to ensure the aircraft operated within the safe operating "envelope" prescribed by Airbus. In addition where the luggage was loaded and how much had to be precise to remain in the envelope. All weight and balance parameters had to be within operational limits; these include MTOW, ZFW and LDW. It appears to me some recurrent training is needed at Jetstar.

This probably doesn't make you feel any less apprehensive but it may explain a few things.

4 hours ago, petfy said:

Just be prepared to throw all the carry on luggage out (don't put anything valuable in there) to make the plane lighter. Or better still, take command of the plane, vent fuel, and land and refuel at an intermediate point.     :P

sounds like a plan .....

3 hours ago, azkid said:

From my 20+ years of airline experience in aircraft load planning (W&B); I know the A320 is very balance sensitive as the aircraft approaches MTOW. Many times we had to restrict how many passengers were allowed to board and where they were seated to ensure the aircraft operated within the safe operating "envelope" prescribed by Airbus. In addition where the luggage was loaded and how much had to be precise to remain in the envelope. All weight and balance parameters had to be within operational limits; these include MTOW, ZFW and LDW. It appears to me some recurrent training is needed at Jetstar.

This probably doesn't make you feel any less apprehensive but it may explain a few things.

you've just made things worse knowing the Aussie attitude to work ... "she'll be right mate!" .... :(

You would hope that now the problems have been discovered that they are on top of it, you would hope.

Anyway Alan it is still more dangerous travelling by car to the airport.

Lucky it wasn't Tiger or they would have been grounded by now, again.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:14 PM, chumley said:

If you must fly Crapstar. Find it hard to go close to their boarding gates let alone get on one of their aircraft.

They are never in the equation when I book a flight.

A few years ago we flew by SQ to Bangkok from Melbourne and had a wonderful flight. My stepdaughter and her family  flew by Jetstar the same day and met us in BKK. The four of them saved about AU$200 on the SQ flight and had a dreadful flight. We flew SQ, nuff said.

I have told my wife that if we are ever in Thailand or anywhere else come to that and I cark it I don't want to be repatriated by Jetstar.

On 12/12/2015 at 4:56 PM, VH-KDK said:

I have told my wife that if we are ever in Thailand or anywhere else come to that and I cark it I don't want to be repatriated by Jetstar.

If you were they would probably lose you over the ocean then claim the high ground by saying they had arranged a burial at sea.

Archived