KEGE AI Helicopter Wierdo

Ariel

Been flying around KEGE in real-time and real weather.  Fantastic.  However, a couple of odd things:-

Went East up the valley and somewhere around Eagl-Vail I spotted a rotating green sign hanging in the sky!  Creepy.  Got closer and it was a thing like a lollipop - a 100 ft vertical stick with a circle on top.  Beneath the rotating circle was some writing which, when I got close enough, said "AI HELICOPTER".  I then realized the whole thing was moving (in a snow storm), and sure enough, at the bottom of the stick was a helicopter carrying it around.  Those Americans sure know how to live!   Some mistake..?

Also thought that the lead-in strobes to RW 25 didn't look right.  They seemed to splash onto the ground (a cross-bar, maybe?) and stop well before the runway threshold.  Perhaps this is something being fixed in the update Jarrad is mentioned elsewhere?

Lovely immersive scenery 'though.  Very pleased with it.

G'day Ariel,

Thanks for the nice feedback, I'm very glad to hear you are enjoying KEGE :)

As Double J mentions, there are three options for the AI Helicopter in the control panel;

1. AI Helicopter with "location helper" - the locater is modelled in a similar to style to those from the original FSX missions. 

2. AI Helicopter without helper

3. AI Helicopter disabled. 

The reason that I chose to have the first option enabled by default was based on user feedback from the AI Helicopter I made for KPSP; many people had a lot of trouble finding it, obviously once you know where to (basically) find it, you can disable the helper in the control panel. 

Secondly, regarding the approach strobes, unfortunately we are limited by the constraints of the FSX engine in this regard. From some angles, there will be z-bias issues where the solid light bars will render "in front of" the strobe, however I spend a fair deal of time trying to minimise this effect as much as possible. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Should have looked at the configurator, but I fly with the options maxed which is how they are usually set, sorry chaps.  Do love flying around KEGE, and because I usually fly in real time and weather I haven't seen it in summer yet...

Archived