KPSP Elevation issue

THibben

Members

65 posts

ID: 4   Posted 56 minutes ago · Report post

Jarrad,

I am having a problem with KPSP.  At standard Baro. The elevation is reading 480' at Rwy 31L chart indicates it should be 398.  When I fly to KUDD it is at 80' and mostly under water and static planes in the air.  When flying to KUDD the road disappears under ground.

I have tried reloading and  installing both before and after Instl. of Global Vector.  I am at a loss.  Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Tom Hibben

Order FSS0375686

Edit

Hide all signatures

Tom

Order#'s: FSS0075384, FSS0081804, FSS0067754, FSS0067746, FSS0055300, FSS0054325, FSS0052058, FSS0081420

G'day Tom,

By the sounds of it, you may not have disabled the three airports using the Vector AEC tool. Information on how to do this can be found in this topic

If this doesn't solve the issue for you, post a couple of screenshots from each airport as that will help pinpoint the issue further. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

I used the vector AEC tool and things got worse.  Unfortunately I am getting a little "long in the tooth" and don't remember how to attach screen shots.

Originally KPSP looked normal except at standard Baro press the elevation was 480' at the 31L, the chart shows 398',  and when approaching KUDD the road disappeared under dirt and KUDD elevation was 80 Feet.  After running the Vector AEC tool the elev of both KPSP and KUDD is showing as 440 Ft.  There is a stone wall around KPSP and KUDD has water on both sides of the runway, static planes are in the air as are the surrounding trees.

I hope this helps.  I did have to do a total reinstall of scenery due to scenery library not showing any of the scenery titles.  I f you clicked on the blank area it would show what was there.

Maybe I should just delete KPSP and start over.

Before I do, I will wait for any comments you may have.

Thanks,

Tom

Well unfortunately I have had to give up on KPSP.  I have tried several times to install and it continues to sit below the surrounding ground level. I have made sure Global Base was installed, down loaded a fresh copy of KPSP and can not think of what else I can do.  I did have it installed correctly when it first came out but since then something has corrupted it and will no longer install correctly.

If anyone has some thoughts I would sure appreciate them.

Thanks,

Tom

G'day Tom,

Elevation issues are a common problem, caused by conflicting scenery. They are quite easy to resolve, the tricky part is finding what is causing the clash. A couple of screenshots will be very useful - we have instructions here on how to post these. 

A couple of more questions from my end;

1. Do you have our Freeware Global Airports on your setup? If yes, it is important that you have the latest version installed (older versions cause can sometimes cause a conflict with the three airports). 

2. Do you happen to use My Traffic? If yes, let me know, as this can often cause elevation conflicts with payware airports. 

3. Do you have any other scenery for the KPSP area (older addons like Shez's FS9 freeware version, other airport addons etc)?

4. 100% confirming after your re-installation, that you have run the AEC tool for Vector and disabled the three airports from the AEC list?

Just as an aside, when you take the screenshots, make sure the elevation is showing in the red text at the top of the screen - using ctrl-z will display this info. The altitude for our version of KPSP is 477ft - also the official altitude of the real-life airport. Since sloped runways are generally unfeasible in the sim, unfortunately you won't be able to spot-check specific location altitudes (ie 31L / 398ft) with their corresponding real-world counterparts.

Let me know how you go,

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad,

It appears I have it working.  The elevation for KPSP and two local airports appears to be solved.

One question I do have  is when I first installed KPSP, right after it was released, I am pretty sure I followed  highway 10 all of the way to Phoenix.  It now disappears at around KUDD.  I have all my scenery settings topped out and everything selected in the way of scenery.  ( I am still getting FPS in the 30's to 40's and above.)  Am I missing some setting?

Thanks for the great scenery.

Tom

G'day Tom,

From memory, the I-10 is included in the default FSX database, so you should theoretically be able to follow it all the way to Phoenix. If it's not displaying outside of the KPSP coverage area, you might need to explore your other scenery addons for a possible cause. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 7:59 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Tom,

From memory, the I-10 is included in the default FSX database, so you should theoretically be able to follow it all the way to Phoenix. If it's not displaying outside of the KPSP coverage area, you might need to explore your other scenery addons for a possible cause. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

The only non ORBX scenery I install are airports.  Those are usually FSDream Team.  I suppose I could just reinstall FSX Acceleration and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

Hi Jarrad,

I have been trying all day to get KUDD to look right, but it is always at 440 ft elevation with water on both sides of the runway and all of the static aircraft airborne.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled all to no affect.  I have run the program to set the correct elevations.  I am totally stuck.  If I remove all ORBX scenery for the area I have mostly sand.  I have reinstalled FSX acceleration.  I guess maybe I will try and reinstall FSX but then since everything else is running maybe I should just forget about KPSP.

Thanks,

Tom

Archived