NZ NI/SI and mesh...

Chris Wright

g'day...

long time reader/customer/first time poster.

slightly different query to this : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/106776-terrain-mesh/, one so starting a separate thread.

i'm using fs global 2010 (based on recs here to use it with orbx products) and happy with the results.

i was thinking of acquiring the NZ island products but see they come with 'internal' mesh (ie. mesh that is embedded in the NZ products).

it's not obvious to me how to manage the mesh from the one product when the other is installed. does the position in the scenery library (ftx entries being higher than fs global 2010 entries) mean the local NZ 'internal' mesh is picked up without me needing to tweak scenery library entries as a function of the usual management of scenery priority?

if so, what happens to the mesh if (say) you cross the ditch to/from oz? is the NZ 'internal' mesh active for the nz end of the flight and the oceania mesh in fs global 2010 active on t'other side?

if the priority in the scenery library doesn't suppress fs global 2010 when interacting with NZ islands and the 'internal' mesh, then how does the user effectively manage the mesh in simming between two regions such as NZ/Oz?

appreciate any advice before sinking any dollars into the products.

Regards from the wild west.

The simulator will always use the best quality mesh available to it for a given area.

There is no need to tweak anything or for any user input beyond setting the correct region.

You can simply let FTX Central place the scenery library entries for each product in the right

place and you will see both what the FTX developers and the FsGlobal mesh developers

intended you to see.

Looking at the topic you have linked to, Holger's answer is directly relevant to your question

and explains in more detail than I have.

He is, after all, the expert in these matters.

Archived