Missing Roads

jm1947

Firstly my apologizes if this  is not the right forum page, not sure where I need to put this. I am currently using my Orbx Europe scenery and I fly mainly in the UK, just doing some flying today and I've just noticed that all my road traffic seems to run through fields. I have the latest Libraries download which I downloaded yesterday. I have also noticed that flying around Shoreham (EGKA) that my sea is green and looks like grass (jpeg attached) as I fly along the coast line. Any one please tell me how to sort this out.

-2015-nov-27-003.jpg

Hi Holger,

read the posts regarding the issue, I've tried to do the same by switching from Global/ default & Europe with no effect, each time I do try and change the error message(attached) comes up, so I'm not sure how to resolve this. As mentioned I have the latest libraries installed, so not sure what to try next. This issue has only recently started to happen

-2015-nov-27-005.jpg

15 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

looks like a "refresh" of terrain.cfg is in order; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Cheers, Holger

HI Holger,

I've followed instructions via the link you sent, but I still have the same issue and the same error box appear, I've run the cycle 4 times, clicking apply each time. Will I need to re-install all my Orbx software in order to clear the error. I am also not sure where all the Obrx software should sit when installed, I just install it where it wants to install it, I've attached my editor files for you to check if you don't mind.

Many Thanks

-2015-nov-28-001.jpg

-2015-nov-28-002.jpg

-2015-nov-28-003.jpg

Hi Holger,

Moved the vector files to were you suggested, ran the FTX central 3 times and applied each time but I still have the same issue, namely the terrain error, do I now need to re-install all my software to sort the problem out.

Hi there,

if you still get the terrain.cfg error regarding the missing landclass section then you didn't do the refresh correctly. If you're using FSX the currently corrupt terrain.cfg resides in the main FSX folder. That's the one you want to remove and replace with the default backup copy prior to running FTX Cebntral and applying Europe.

Cheers, Holger

I have another question if I may, when we receive updates, I'm currently re-installing all my Orbx stuff, but I was wondering, for example Global Vector, my first was 120, my latest is 135, so can i get away with just installing the latest or do I need to install all the versions and does that apply to  all the updates.

Hi,

Just to bring you up to date, after uninstalling all my Orbx software, then re-installing my issue has now cleared and my missing roads are where there suppose to be along with the traffic. Many thanks for the help and advise.

Archived