76S mixed up with 77S

ve2dgz

76S has the airport underground.

Checking the Afcad for 76S Oak Harbor shows that it is referring to 77S Hobby Oregon.

The same mix-up applies to FSX, P3DV2.5 and P3DV3

As a ref. I have PNW v1.0 patch008, I do not use Vector nor do I use other mesh.

I do use UTX USA/Can but that is irrelevant as they don't use 76S.

Pierre

• 1 year later...

Hello,

In fact, there is always a big problem with this 76S airport, still at this moment, because the files "ADE_FTX_PNW_76S_Oak_Harbor_Airpark.BGL" and "ADE_FTX_PNW_77S_Hobby.BGL" in the "FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY" are both identical and only relate to the 77S Hobby airport.
Would it be possible for this problem to be corrected?
In addition to the fact that the plane is under the ground, that almost immediately causes me a overflow of memory (OOM) which causes the closing of my P3D v2.4.

For the elevation problem of 76S see this post

Concerning the duplicate files for 77S, I have renamed the offending 76S to .off (several month ago)....

But, it looks like the file have been re-imported since (by FTX 3 when updating the new light ???)

Anyway, this has no impact on my FSX/Acc.

Hope this helps.

Gérard

Thanks gaab, this gives two solutions for this problem with that of Blaunarwal, in this topic:

The "fix" of Blaunarwal works well, I will also try the "fix" given by Alex on the message you give in link, for see.

Hello Handie,

In fact, it is the same fix on both thread.

As you may have noticed I answered in the other thread than the one I pointed you to !! The search function give some starnge results sometimes ;)

Happy flying

Gérard

Hi Guys,

I've seen this issue before.  I checked back into my archives and found a 76S which looks correct.  I think there was a mix up awhile back so that 76S and 77S used the same AFCAD.  I'm attaching 2 files here that replace the 2 existing 76S bgl's in ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/Scenery.  That will give you the correct layout of 76S.  There are 2 elevation adjustments in FSX/SceneryWorld/Scenery, one each for 76S and 77S.  At his time both airports look correct here and are at their correct elevations.

Cheers, Neil

ADE_FTX_PNW_76S_Oak_Harbor_Airpark.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_76S_Oak_Harbor_Airpark_CVX.bgl

Hi Neil,

Now I am a little bit confused :

1 - Apparently FTX Central insist to recreate ADE_FTX_PNW_76S_Oak_Harbor_Airpark_CVX.bgl each time I put if OFF (the one which in fact describes 77S Hobby !)

2 - I got from Dan Blaunarwal, here on ORBX forum, an elevation correction file (in Scenery\World\Scenery ) and two texture files (76S_ADEP3_DM_CVX.bgl and 76S_ADEP3_DM.bgl) to put on the Addon Scenery with nice enhancement and elevation fix

3 - Alex provided a hotfix in June 2014, created by you, under the name 76S_Lupien (but no elevation fix)

4 - Now you provides what looks like the same hotfix, but with another name (6S_Oak_Harbor_Airpark which was the initial name of the faulty 76S -> 77S) but still without elevation correction.

The initail elevation adjustement that was in my world scenery initially (ADE_FTX_PNW_76S_elevation_adjustment.BGL) from 2009 gives an altitude of 142 ft.
The one provided by Dan Blaunarwal gives an altitude of 167 ft.

You can see the result here

Would be great if this could be sorted out with the next update...

Please, don't see any negative remark in my message, I am just willing to help.

I am not a native english speaking person and I always fear to be misinterpreted .

Be sure that I appreciate a lot all your contributions - I am an happy user of your freeware airports pack :)

Cheers,

Gérard

Hi gaab,

I named the files as Oak Harbor as that was the name in my ORBX PNW files.  The airports name is Lupien and the town is Oak harbor.  By using the Oak Harbor name you could just replace what looked to me what was in the Scenery files and didn't have to delete any files.

That was my thinking.

Cheers, Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

I am just going back home. Thank you for your answer.

Your are right, my message was uselessly too long :(

The most important was to underline that there was a need to update the elevation file....

Lesson learn...

Regards, Gérard

Archived