openLC NA Alaska/Canada

Miss Clairol

Hello,

Is anyone able to tell me if the Tongass Fjords area is covered in the openLC NA Alaska/Canada package?  I just want to know before I buy the RTMM add-on (Tongass Fjords X) that I'm not covering it twice?  Thank you to anyone who can help me, I appreciate it.  I did search the forum, but can't seem to find an answer,  my apologies if it is there already somewhere.

Cheers.

This area is not covered by Orbx as Holger and his team did such a good job on Tongass that it is similar to the Orbx areas. There was no point to redo an excellent area so go ahead and get Tongass. It fills the gap between Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords.

Larry

Hi there,

yes,  openLC NA Alaska/Canada includes southeast Alaska and thus the coverage area of Tongass Fjords X. However, it's apples to oranges as Tongass Fjords is a complete landscape package akin to the FTX Regions, like Pacific Fjords and Southern Alaska, while openLC "just" replaces the landclass ground textures and associated autogen.

Also, Tongass Fjords X is sold by FSAddon/simMarket, while RTMM is the group that have added tons of freeware to the area (in fact, their add-ons require Tongass Fjords X to be installed).

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎05‎:‎08‎, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

yes,  openLC NA Alaska/Canada includes southeast Alaska and thus the coverage area of Tongass Fjords X. However, it's apples to oranges as Tongass Fjords is a complete landscape package akin to the FTX Regions, like Pacific Fjords and Southern Alaska, while openLC "just" replaces the landclass ground textures and associated autogen.

Also, Tongass Fjords X is sold by FSAddon/simMarket, while RTMM is the group that have added tons of freeware to the area (in fact, their add-ons require Tongass Fjords X to be installed).

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

I just installed the Tongass Fjords X package to my P3D v2.5, and you are so right, it's absolutely beautiful, and just what you said, it's like an FTX Region package.  Thank you for your insight, I'm so glad everyone here encouraged me to buy the Tongass Fjords X, I am not one bit sorry I did, it's spectacular, especially on P3D.

Thanks everyone,

M.C.

Archived