Help to do a clean install of Windows 10

paddler

In the next couple of weeks I will build a new flight sim computer. I will of course do a clean install of windows 8.1 and then install immediately windows 10 upgrade on the new computer. I believe that this will give me a clean or at least uncorrupted  windows 10 OS on the new SSD on the new computer. Am I correct in this assumption? I then will have the old computer with windows 7 on it that I want to do an upgrade to win 10, but because I fear that win 10 upgrade from this old and probably corrupted win 7 OS will also be corrupted I want to then wipe that SSD and do a clean install of win 10 from that upgrade. Is this possible (or necessary) and how do I best complete this?

Thanks for any advice and assistance in advance.

You can do a upgrade of W10, and then use the "Restore" tool, or reinstall W10 again with an booteable DVD/USB stick.

If you do the upgrade, your copy of W10 will automatically activate, and since the 1511 build (November update), you will be able to use your old W7/W8.1 key to activate W10 in the future, without the need to do the upgrade again :) 

10 hours ago, neucoas said:

You can do a upgrade of W10, and then use the "Restore" tool, or reinstall W10 again with an booteable DVD/USB stick.

If you do the upgrade, your copy of W10 will automatically activate, and since the 1511 build (November update), you will be able to use your old W7/W8.1 key to activate W10 in the future, without the need to do the upgrade again :) 

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/windows-10-november-update-mysteriously-pulled-as-concerns-about-bugs-grow/

For information

Archived